*SOLD*Raleigh framed winter fix: Ideal hack/pub/station bike

dr nick

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
My ‘winter fix’ is for sale due to lack of use. This has done less than 200 miles since I built it up. All the references to (new) below, are parts I bought for this build.

Ideal hack/ pub/ station/ shopping/ training bike

Built up around an old Raleigh frame (with horizontal drop outs) and the chromed fork the frame came with.

I assume the frame is basic steel tubing. It had no stickers on it when I bought it, except for the Raleigh head badge, and supplying dealer sticker.

The frame has been hand painted in blue hammerite. It has a certain functional charm but is not a ‘proper’ paint job

53cm seat tube C to T. (Horizontal) top tube is 58cm C to C.

‘Mach1’ brand hubs on 36H Rigida alloy rims. I re-spaced the rear axle and re-dished the rear wheel accordingly. It has a (new) fixed sprocket (nothing special) on the original screw-thread-road-hub with a BB lockring. It’s never loosened, when I’ve ridden it - despite the tough test of some initial panic leg breaking on my maiden voyage. (I live on top of a hill).

White RX100 crankset on a cartridge B/B, with 42t ring and (new) stronglight single chainring bolts (from Velo solo) (New) rear sprocket is 16T giving a gear of about 63”. Chainline is spot on.

Shimano spd/ flat pedals with rusty cages. Could fit double sided spds if preferred.

2 sets of plastic Zefal bottle bosses and 1 plastic bottle cage.

(new) SKS commuter mudguards (a single double armed stay per each side of guard. Small angled mud flaps) Secu-clips on front guard. Mounted on (new) rubber lined stainless ‘P’ clips. Rear mudguard has cloth handlebar tape on top section, to protect it when fitting/removing my Carradice SQR bag.

(new) stainless mudguard and bottle mount bolts.

(new) Conti GP 4 seasons tyres

Has a (new) Black alloy seat post, Stainless seat post bolt, (new) Black Token headset, and a (new) black 80mm quill stem (both from Velo Solo)

ITM Marathon handlebars (see pic) with (new) Aero black Cane Creek brake levers. Centre of brake lever to centre of other brake lever is 39.5cm. (new) honey leather Brooks bar tape.

(new) Black Tektro dual pivot brakes. Front brake drop is less than the rear so there is a 539 on the front and a 559 on the back (and yes I had to buy 2 sets of brakes!). (new) Grey Shimano outer brake cables. (New) inner cables (stainless, I think).

Terry kevlar ATB comp saddle fitted.

I’m not really sure what it’s worth. The tyres, bar tape and brake levers and brakes alone come to well over £100, but it has a hammerite paint job on a basic frame and has basic (but very serviceable wheels).

I’m constantly amazed by the prices asked for old road frames re-purposed into fixies on Ebay. I was thinking £85 collected, from nr. Thame, Oxfordshire or London, or could arrange a courier at cost. If I’m miles out with pricing let me know.

20160326_151425_zpsteuafivq.jpg

20160326_151449_zpsqgq4t5dn.jpg

Re: Raleigh framed winter fix: Ideal hack /pub / station bike

That's a bargain - you could probably get double that if advertised in London.

Re: Raleigh framed winter fix: Ideal hack /pub / station bike

Email sent (brackets and spaces removed :{)> )

Back