SOLD: Klein Pulse Race - Reduced.

fathomfive

Retro Newbie
A few years ago I bought and fell in love with an Attitude Race from here and I now find myself needing some space for new bikes. The Attitude is staying, so this and my fiancees old Giant are to be sold.

1998 Klein Pulse Race in glorious Orange Nectar. Purchased new by myself from Hardisty Cycles in Stockton-on-Tees and comes with the neat cloth bag and Owners Manual sold with it.

Bike size is 19" from the centre of the BB to top of the Top Tube. At a guess, that's a large.

Children, work and other bikes got in the way of this one being abused, so it is in very good condition and still on the original, albeit serviced over the years, equipment. The only exception being the pedals. I could never get away with SPDs, so I swapped the Icon clipless set for the bear traps you see. If you wish, I still have the Icons and can let the bike go with these instead.

It is, however, a used bike. There are a few scratches and wear marks to the paint but no dents or gouges in the aluminium frame. This is especially true of the chainstays and I can supply photos to show them up close. I am also happy to provide the frame number, should you ask.

In the main, then, the paint work is in good condition and in bright sunshine really stands out.

The oily bits all work well and the brakes pull the bike up as well as V-Brakes ever did.

As specced below, the bike comes in somewhere around 11kg. In old money, around 24lbs. It's light, direct and efficient.

The bike will be couriered, via a decent outfit, in a bike box or you are welcome to collect in person. Social distancing will be adhered to and the bike only released when funds are cleared.

Spec list:

Frame: Klein Aluminium Power Tubing with delightful bendy chainstays.
Fork: Answer Manitou Spyder R
Wheelset: Shimano STX-RC Parallax Hubs mated to Bontrager Mustang and Mustang Asym (on the rear) rims with DT S/S spokes. It rides on the original tyres: Bontrager Revolt and Jones 26x2.1"
Drivetrain: Sugino Mighty 500 with 20/32/42 tooth chainrings paired with an 8-speed 11-30 tooth cassette
Front Mech: Shimano STX-RC
Rear Mech: Shimano XTR
Shifters: Shimano STX-RC Rapidfire SL
Brakes: Shimano STX-RC levers paired with Shimano Deore LX V-Brakes
Finishing kit: Bontrager Stem / Bars / Seatpost / Saddle

Price is £350. Sold for £300.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask

Back