For Sale SOLD - A very unusual one-off Cotic Soul frame...

amedias

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello everyone!

I have a very special one of a kind Soul frame that I need to sell and before I brave ebay I’d like to see if any other Cotic fans are interested...

It’s a prototype 26in Soul with an EBB from a while ago that I bought direct from Cy after sending him badgering emails when I learned that it existed. I believe it was mostly ridden by Paul as it’s a small, I think Cy said the only other one with an EBB is no longer around. It’s half way between versions please see below for the weird mix of features!

26in wheels
1 1/8th straight steerer
31.6 seat tube
QR 135mm rear end
Geared dropout and cable routing for f&r mechs
EBB for Single-Speed fun with no chain tensioner.

It was also built with a slighty lighter than normal 853 tube set for front triangle, consequently it is a little less stiff than normal and fair bit comfier for XC duties with a short travel or rigid fork, I’ve mostly run it rigid as SS and found it nicer than the Simple I had from the same era.

Cosmetically it looks good from afar but up close the paintwork is in mid-life crisis, plenty of chips, rub marks, scrapes and whatnot but I can say hand on heart it is all cosmetic, no dents or cracks that I am aware of.

I’m selling it with the Ano green headset and Salsa flip lock seatclamp (but not the seatpost) and asking £250 + p&p

Attachments

• IMG_9374.jpeg
    IMG_9374.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9373.jpeg
    IMG_9373.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9372.jpeg
    IMG_9372.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9371.jpeg
    IMG_9371.jpeg
    526.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9370.jpeg
    IMG_9370.jpeg
    437.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9369.jpeg
    IMG_9369.jpeg
    641.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9368.jpeg
    IMG_9368.jpeg
    637.7 KB · Views: 55
Offhand how tall are you guys (Paul and yourself), just trying to gauge whether it would fit- I'm 164cm...
Hi! I’m 172cm, and it was a little too small for me, I fit better in a medium (which is what I still have).

Geometry should still be available on Cotic archive website, I’ll see if I can dig out a link

Back