SOLD - 1993 Mountain Goat WTR 19" in Bamboo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

This bike is still available. Get yourself a piece of history and be the envy of all your Retrobike mates

Cheers
A

Re:

Its worrying that nobody hasnt snapped this insanely beautiful masterpiece up yet for £1k !!!! I have never ridden a Goat but by all accounts they are amazing to ride and i know how much i adore the feel of well put together Tange Prestige tubing.

Can you stick up the frame dimensions eg Top tube length C2C. Does the fork need a refresh etc ?

GLWTS of this beauty :cool:

Re:

From looking at a 1995 brochure the 19" bike has the following dimensions:

Size (C of BB to C of seat tube/top tube intersection): 19"
Top tube length effective Level (measured horizontally from centre of headtube/top tube junction to seat tube centre line): 23"
Stand-over (from top of top tube at mid-point to ground): 31.5"
Head tube angle: 71 degrees
Seat tube angle: 73 degrees
Chainstay: 16.9"
Fork steerer: 1"
Bottom bracket height: 11.9"

I've just measured the seat tube and top tube and they match these dimensions so I suspect all the others are right to.

This bike has a 130mm salsa stem with a 35 degree rise so it's not as stretched out as my race bike was BITD

I've fitted new elastomers in the forks (which came from the USA and were a fortune for what you got!) and the seals are still OK so there's very little play in them and both legs have been re-greased so they run nice and smooth.

The BB has had new bearings fitted on both sides and runs true and buttery smooth

The hubs, headset and brakes are all XT NOS and box fresh so no problems with the bearings or springs there either.

Basically this bike is in showroom condition and whoever buys it can ride it without any the fear of anything breaking or needing to be replaced (unless of course they wan't to put XTR or XC Pro on it)

Re:

Hi Andy - what a gorgeous bike.

I looked at the 'control panel' of your bike closely in your photos, and from what I can tell ... your M/Goat's shifters are the Shimano M-092 (push/push) rapid-fire total integration style of units (generally referred to as 'rapid fire') ... and not the 'thumbies' that you have listed in your build list description. Thumbies are the separate-from-the-brake-lever shifters that are generally mounted above the handlebar.

cheers, and good luck with the sale ...

Re: Re:

k-rod":2d02vskx said:
Hi Andy - what a gorgeous bike.

I looked at the 'control panel' of your bike closely in your photos, and from what I can tell ... your M/Goat's shifters are the Shimano M-092 (push/push) rapid-fire total integration style of units (generally referred to as 'rapid fire') ... and not the 'thumbies' that you have listed in your build list description. Thumbies are the separate-from-the-brake-lever shifters that are generally mounted above the handlebar.

cheers, and good luck with the sale ...

Hi K-rod, you're right. Those pictures were taken some time ago but I wasn't keen on the STI units so I replaced them with separate XT thumbies and brake levers - If I didn't say that in the advert apologies . Here's a link to the Flikr album showing the bike as it is currently: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141656209 ... 491063473/

Re: 1993 Mountain Goat WTR 19" in Bamboo

sublime… and so glad it's NOT my size. :cool:

GLWS and congrats to whoever ends up picking up this beauty!

Why the hell is this still available???
Unbelievable that this hasn´t been scooped up yet...

GLWS - really stunning bike!

George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back