Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
Now £350 plus postage

Having a bit of a clearout at Raidan Towers, starting with this rare beauty. This was Cannondale's top of the range bike with the sloping top tube and high bottom bracket, second in line to the SM1000. It's a Cannondale 18" but the frame measures up a little smaller on the seat tube, due to the 13" bottom bracket height. Seat tube is 14.5" c-c and 16.5" centre-top. Effective top tube is 22.5" long.
I bought this, from a forum member in the USA, almost 7 years ago; where does the time go :shock: I have the 1988 model too and one had to get the chop :cry:

The frame has the usual bubbling and paint loss associated with these old 'dales but where the Dupont paint remains it is still very good and polishes up a treat. There is plenty of chain suck but the frame has no cracks or dents. It needs a new chain and some grips to finish it off and it's missing one of the cable guides on the top tube but I'll include a replacement. Original inner and outer cables are included. I managed to source the correct saddle; the Lycra is unstuck in places at the rear and the gel is all but solidifed, so maybe swap it out for riding. The spec is almost all original, with the one year only black Deore parts, the only exception being the tyres (IRC Racer X1 Pro II rather than the original Pro model). My intention was to fully service it and put it back together but I didn't get that far. The bottom bracket has been stripped and regreased, as has the headset. The hubs could use some fresh grease but are still absolutely rideable. Pedals are pretty smooth for their age too. The tyres are holding up ok and I wouldn't hesitate to ride them gently.

Fork: Tange unicrown cromo
Headset: Tange Falcon
Stem: Tioga T-Bone (could use a repaint)
Bar: Cannondale white
Shifters: Deore thumbies
Levers: Deore 2 finger
Grips: not included
Seatpost: Strong
Saddle: Vetta Lycra gel
Seatpost binder: Suntour
Bottom bracket: Deore
Chainset: Deore with Biopace rings, in vgc
Chain: not included
Pedals: Sakae Low Fat with Christophe clips and straps
Hubs: Deore
Rims: Gold label Araya RM20
Spokes: American Classic 14 gauge stainless (according to the catalogue)
Cassette: Deore Hyperglide 7 speed
Tyres: IRC Racer X1 Pro II
Rear mech: Deore
Front mech: Deore endless band
Front brake: Deore cantis
Rear brake: Deore u-brake
Bottle cage: Cannondale

Asking £375 plus postage. Payment by Paypal family/friends or buyer covers the fees. In these strange times, and due to my workload, postage may take a while but I will keep the buyer informed. I already have a box so that's half the battle. I'm travelling a lot with work at the moment (Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, South and West Wales, M4 corridor, South coast) so could possibly deliver, whilst maintain a safe distance of course.

Re: 1989 Cannondale SM900 Red Shred

Did they only make this in kids sizes? ;)

Tc":xhez8qce said:
Did they only make this in kids sizes? ;)

Cheeky git, the kids size had 24” wheels!

Seriously nice bike though Adrian and a freaking bargain

Thanks Tony :) Let’s hope someone else thinks so!

Bump

Bump

Re: 1989 Cannondale SM900 Red Shred PRICE DROP

Bump

Re:

Wanna sell me the tyres :LOL:

TC..this is the ‘kids’ version...oh and the 18” would fit you.

Attachments

• D4E43FEB-8F30-4506-BEBC-A287D9B839BA.jpeg
    D4E43FEB-8F30-4506-BEBC-A287D9B839BA.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 2,579
Re:

They were not kid size but the smallest 16 inches catalog for very small rider ;)

Back