So much for the Highway code etc

As someone who rides road a lot I've noticed, since the HW code changes, that a large number of drivers (who were probably just unaware before) now give more space. However there are those who were gave fk all respect before and give fk all respect still.
What I don't get though is if you swap a person on a bike for a person on a horse the same drivers happily slow to a crawl and give a full lane of space?!? Are horses more important than people?

As someone who rides road a lot I've noticed, since the HW code changes, that a large number of drivers (who were probably just unaware before) now give more space. However there are those who were gave fk all respect before and give fk all respect still.
What I don't get though is if you swap a person on a bike for a person on a horse the same drivers happily slow to a crawl and give a full lane of space?!? Are horses more important than people?
Everyone knows a horse does more damage to a car than a human body! We just make a bomp bomp noise under the wheels whereas horses have metal shoes...ooh my paint!

Back