So much for the Highway code etc

bagpuss

rBotM Winner
Coming home yesterday .
Turning right at Traffic light . I was at the front and in the middle of the RH Lane{ Rt and SAH only} and had my right arm out to signal my intentions . Motor vehicle pulls up in the left hand lane (Left turn only} , to turn left me thinks . The driver must of seen my signal ,and I had eye balled them.

I set off and MV cut across my front and turns right .WTF !!!
Last time this happened to me {Last year) It cost the drivers insurance £2500 .

No cameras on the bike I was riding at the time .

Today I saw cyclist who had been involved in a collision with a MV , up between Yoxall and Barton under Needwood Stafforshire . No idea of circumstances . Hope they got things sorted ok .

Be safe everyone

I think the new Highway Code has made us targets to a certain section of the motoring community, as if we had written it ourselves...

One of the reasons why I remain so attached to 90s MTBs as commuters is precisely because they are so comfortable off the road, I avoid busy roads whenever there's an alternative, I don't ride on pavements because for me they belong to the pedestrians, you have old folks, kids, dogs etc and I just don't believe bikes belong there, but any other potential bike route is fair game for me if it means I don't have to mix it up with with the caged ragers. Alleyways, carparks, waste ground, tow paths, farm tracks, construction sites, parks and playing fields etc make up my preferred routes, especially when it's busy on the roads.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how careful or situationally aware you are, there are just too many halfwits in motor vehicles to make it worth the risk.

I have done this in the past . Worst one was whenI could of gone under a HGC . I was on a TRA .Noticed a HGC coming up the slip road from a dual CW {From my left} . I had a flashing front camera and a red top & yellow head gear. As I approched the top of the SR ,Sh!t he has not seen me ,brakes applied . Said HGC continues onto TRA only feet in front of me !!! Driver then looks down at me ??? A close shave and a change of pants when i got home . HGC just kept going .....

A good bike camera will not stop a collision ,but it could help your case in the event of a RTC . Plus I feel it makes you a more responsible cyclist . Also very useful on shared paths .

Small handle bar mirrors are a god send,as I have got older .

Drivers re tested every say 10 years? . In industry you have get re tested every 3 years to drive a fork truck .

All cyclist to pass proficiency test before taking to the road ?

Last edited:
TRA?

A lot of HGC drivers still think they are at home and look the wrong way he probably didn't think he had done anything wrong...

I have done this in the past . Worst one was whenI could of gone under a HGC . I was on a TRA .Noticed a HGC coming up the slip road from a dual CW {From my left} . I had a flashing front camera and a red top & yellow head gear. As I approched the top of the SR ,Sh!t he has not seen me ,brakes applied . Said HGC continues onto TRA only feet in front of me !!! Driver then looks down at me ??? A close shave and a change of pants when i got home . HGC just kept going .....

A good bike camera will not stop a collision ,but it could help your case in the event of a RTC . Plus I feel it makes you a more responsible cyclist . Also very useful on shared paths .

Drivers re tested every say 10 years . In industry you have get re tested every 3 years to drive a fork truck .
WTF DAT TLA mean?
(What the f**k do all these three letter acronyms mean?) 🤣

FUBAR

TRA should be RAB I was knackered when posting
TRA ,Traffic Round about.
RAB ,Taffic Round About , as used in Audax route sheets

DAT ,Dawes ,Airborne ,Trek
TLA . Trek, Look, Armstrong
IDK , ? Dimond back, Kirk

Last edited:
Back