Shropshire=Pain!

missmyfat":q32bu1r7 said:
Brute hill out of bridgnorth? You mean the hermitage? My regular training roads, went up that 4 mile climb out of hope valley on sunday on the way to bishops castle. try asterton that goes up onto the mynd by the glider station, thats about 25% that bugger!

You must be like the bloke on your avatar! I bet you don't like bananas or dudes with facial hair either! I could cope with Hope (ooh poetry) the opposite way I did it but some of the shorter hills were so steep. What gear ratios do you run up there?

Iwasgoodonce":37h9rsvw said:
missmyfat":37h9rsvw said:
Brute hill out of bridgnorth? You mean the hermitage? My regular training roads, went up that 4 mile climb out of hope valley on sunday on the way to bishops castle. try asterton that goes up onto the mynd by the glider station, thats about 25% that bugger!

You must be like the bloke on your avatar! I bet you don't like bananas or dudes with facial hair either! I could cope with Hope (ooh poetry) the opposite way I did it but some of the shorter hills were so steep. What gear ratios do you run up there?

No I like bananas :LOL:
Compact gearing 34x25 although I was not in bottom gear by any means but still got dropped by two guys in their fifties :oops: In my defence one rode for anc-halfords and banana-raleigh and the other was a pro in belgium for over 10 years

Why did you take pictures of sheep?? or should they be in the eye candy thread? :oops: :LOL:

missmyfat":1zigqiox said:

Is the Hope climb really 4 miles! I must be fitter than I thought. :shock: :D
The climb up through Asterton to the glider station isn't funny though. :?

tintin40":1zigqiox said:
Why did you take pictures of sheep?? or should they be in the eye candy thread? :oops: :LOL:

Since this is Shropshire: Probably eye candy. :D

There was a chap who used to organise day-rides around Hope-Bowdler / Long Mynd / Stipperstones in the early '90s, starting from Acton Scott. Distance between 50 and 80K . Did anyone here do these? They take in some of my favourite riding - and I'm now trying hard to regain the fitness level necessary to cope with the ups....fair way still to go :(

rc200ti":2t9v8tgs said:
There was a chap who used to organise day-rides around Hope-Bowdler / Long Mynd / Stipperstones in the early '90s, starting from Acton Scott. Distance between 50 and 80K . Did anyone here do these? They take in some of my favourite riding - and I'm now trying hard to regain the fitness level necessary to cope with the ups....fair way still to go :(

Acton Scott. Isn't that where they filmed that Victorian farm thing? Good TV that was. One of the five most attractive girls I ever saw was working in the tea shop there about six and a half years ago. How do I remember that? The wife and I visited the farm about a week before the twins (now six and a half) were born. I drank so much tea I had to stop about 5 times on the way home.
Tintin, I offered the pictured ovine some chewitts but no interest. Classier than your average Peaks sheep I suppose.

Cherrybomb, next time I find myself heading that way I will PM you. I'm thinking of riding there and camping at Onny Vale sometime.

rc200ti":93gl8bap said:

Bit of a thread revival but wasn't a fella called Steve Thomas was it who organised the day rides?

MarcusD":257t92en said:
rc200ti":257t92en said:

Bit of a thread revival but wasn't a fella called Steve Thomas was it who organised the day rides?

A fellow telford resident, whereabouts jockey?

missmyfat":3nu19urh said:
MarcusD":3nu19urh said:
rc200ti":3nu19urh said:

I live in Wellington, Rose Way to be precise :LOL:

Yourself?

MarcusD":1bgnho8p said:
missmyfat":1bgnho8p said:
MarcusD":1bgnho8p said:
rc200ti":1bgnho8p said:

I live in Wellington, Rose Way to be precise :LOL:

Aqueduct myself. Was down wellington meeting up with the roadies outside wylie and hollands this morning for a pain fest ;)

Back