show us your Rocky Mountains!

My 1989 Blizzard

...and my even older 1986 Blizzard!

Both ride nicely, but in very different ways!
That is not the firs Shimano XT? the one with a deer, I don´t see the RD what model is it. Very nice both but the old one has something when you look at that group set 👍

Recently I got hold of a syncros powerlite fork and fited it to a couple different frames but nothing felt right up until last week when I got a really good deal on a rm blizzard. I got it from the first owner and it had a mix of deore lx and xtr components. Its niw rebuild with deore xt m730/2 and wolber at18 rims making it a 97 disguised as a 91. I know the turbo saddle is still missing 😉.

Attachments

• C3E43B9B-9EC9-41B9-AACE-06175C7D477D.jpeg
    C3E43B9B-9EC9-41B9-AACE-06175C7D477D.jpeg
    852.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 43754E75-0CC0-4865-9F4D-3BDB23238249.jpeg
    43754E75-0CC0-4865-9F4D-3BDB23238249.jpeg
    843.8 KB · Views: 66
Recently I got hold of a syncros powerlite fork and fited it to a couple different frames but nothing felt right up until last week when I got a really good deal on a rm blizzard. I got it from the first owner and it had a mix of deore lx and xtr components. Its niw rebuild with deore xt m730/2 and wolber at18 rims making it a 97 disguised as a 91. I know the turbo saddle is still missing 😉.
is that a mid 90s blizzard? if so it's suspension corrected and the powerlite fork, though it looks good on it, isn't quite suited for the geometry.

is that a mid 90s blizzard? if so it's suspension corrected and the powerlite fork, though it looks good on it, isn't quite suited for the geometry.
I know, the head angle is probably a bit steep. I have been pretty ill lately so I have had no chance yet to take it off road and have only used it as a grocery bike so far.

Ya, the head and seat angles do look a bit steep in your photo @vincenth .

I have my 96' Vertex under-forked with a Rocky fork that isn't suspension corrected but I love the way it rides and feels on & off road, the head angle is around 72 degrees, your Powerlite seems to have less distance between to top of your tire to the crown race than my setup though (see photo).

Like you say though a proper shakedown ride will let you know if it works for you or not 👍

1996 Rocky Mountain Vertex 05.jpg

Latest posts

Back