show us your Rocky Mountains!

It's nice, did it have the weasel name on it when you got it, as this Trials bike looks quite different to the Commuter/Courier Weasel I've seen before (circa 91ish).

This looks much more like the Trials bikes?

Obviously tell all in a build thread :).

I consider it just a custom Trials, though the name Weasel has definitely been used for it. I’ve decided to keep it without any model decals that’s not my job to decide…

Definitely consider the Weasel to be the more radical BB height 24” version with gears. Of which I’ve only seen a picture of the former Mombat one that I believe is in Europe now, and one that’s used around town here as a commuter…

Attachments

• 5DFA2909-68E3-474E-8178-D7D3445893C1.jpeg
    5DFA2909-68E3-474E-8178-D7D3445893C1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 61
  • 38F5CC51-9167-472E-9FD7-2205333EB75D.jpeg
    38F5CC51-9167-472E-9FD7-2205333EB75D.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 57
I forget how it goes but the weasel was one of two, I think.

And a link to a Trials (I think), has the BMX dropouts etc.

BUT it is a long time ago, experience and knowledge may have changed since then ;-)
And i can't actually remember the outcome of the threads if you've not read them before, but this post link to two threads etc...
Post in thread 'Pick a colour! - 1992 Rocky Mountain Vertex Steel frame' https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads...untain-vertex-steel-frame.246216/post-1855678

What do they say on FB or elsewhere?
Best start a new topic. I live this sort of talk and interesting stuff.

I consider it just a custom Trials, though the name Weasel has definitely been used for it. I’ve decided to keep it without any model decals that’s not my job to decide…

Definitely consider the Weasel to be the more radical BB height 24” version with gears. Of which I’ve only seen a picture of the former Mombat one that I believe is in Europe now, and one that’s used around town here as a commuter…
The blue one is in the middle of Germany. 👍 At a cool collector.

I really did not need to know about Weasels, or Rocky custom trails bikes.

I did not need another bike to track down obsessively for the rest of my life.

(God, that blue one above too!)

Anywa, get the thread going already!

I need something to look forward to now I assume the Toad updates have come to their conclusion.

And others clearly have plenty of discussion to add!

Hey pw........... here's something to pass your time while waiting for weasel thread.

You mean my old Weasel. It's in Europe now. They contacted rm Quebec about what it was. Clueless. Should have contacted someone that was around when rm was in bc( the other side of canada).
I told the guy in Germany to ride it. It's not a commuter bike. It's a Trials bike.
Weasel. I know of 3 that were made. The blue one was custom made for a rm ex-employee. He did not like it and went to another ex-employee before it came to me. Sold it to a guy in New York before it went to mobat.
A buddy of mine's has one.

The Initial of the ex - employee the blue weasel is built for is GB. Any old rm employees know who it is? Still live in Vancouver.😄

Back