show us your Rocky Mountains!

Can't complain about that lovely bike.
Get a separate post up in readers bikes and we can comment more on it (serial number too).
Also the Facebook group (think I saw the bike on there), a few old chaps that worked there back then have great info, when they remember :)

RM should bring back the Blizzard in steel with modern geometry in 27.5" and perhaps 29ers if they sell more 29ers in retro colors. That would be nice, like Chris Chance from Fat Chance have done with the Yo Eddie.

Last edited:
Can't complain about that lovely bike.
Get a separate post up in readers bikes and we can comment more on it (serial number too).
Also the Facebook group (think I saw the bike on there), a few old chaps that worked there back then have great info, when they remember :)
Thanks for the suggestion! Done and done 🙂

I went looking for the location of this image that was featured in the RM catalogue in 1989 (in b/w) and as a (colour) thumbnail in the 1991 catalogue. Lots of tree growth in the last 30+ years and I didn’t have the ability to super impose Wedge Mountain in the photo, as I suspect they did bitd 😀
The Bike is a 1988 Rocky Mountain Avalanche. Location is by the River of Golden Dreams, Whistler BC. 0211C29D-9D7C-4F4C-8A26-682E24B65683.jpeg
604118C0-1F18-4DB3-9E22-CFB1375437FD.png

Last edited:
I went looking for the location of this image that was featured in the RM catalogue in 1989 (in b/w) and as a (colour) thumbnail in the 1991 catalogue. Lots of tree growth in the last 30+ years and I didn’t have the ability to super impose Wedge Mountain in the photo, as I suspect they did bitd 😀
The Bike is a 1988 Rocky Mountain Avalanche. Location is by the River of Golden Dreams,
Love it! And of course great bike. I’ll be taking my ‘88 Avalanche out for a spin soon too. No mountains around here sadly but we do have Old Man Thames and more than our fair share of mud.

The Bike is a 1988 Rocky Mountain Avalanche. Location is by the River of Golden Dreams, Whistler BC.View attachment 594312
View attachment 594313
Awesome!

That is awesome Kevin. Good job mate.
How far away from your coffee shop is this spot?
Hi Roy! Not far at all, about a 5 min pedal, just passed the sports centre. I spent a good half hour going back and forward along the river to see where I think the pic was taken. The river bank on the other side was the best way to gauge the location as the background mountains seemed to have been super imposed in the catalogue photo. They don't appear as close in real life and as you try to get closer to them the river takes a left turn so it is not possible to get this shot closer up to Wedge Mountain. It was a fun afternoon but not possible to get to the exact spot as there's a big bush in the way now (top left of my pic) :) It was a couple years ago when I took the pic and just stumbled on it the other day.

Back