show us your Rocky Mountains!

Nice, and welcome to Retrobike!

Your bike reminds me of my Blizzard set up as a tourer. Very durable and stable.

DSC_1115.JPG

Re:

Loving that Borra
Nice slicks and so much black you ought to ride it wearing fingerless black leather mitts and yellow shades like the driver of the charger in bullit.

Team Comp...kinda fugly slickster

I found a better pic. Looking at all you guys bikes makes me feel a bit like I let down this thing but I am broke and simply don't have the funds or room to be doing great restorations. I am sure many of you prefer the stock DX cranks in this pic over the yellow Race Face but I was planning on stripping and polishing them. Aluminum can polish easily to near chrome like finish but simply haven't gotten around to it. Besides, I am less likely to have an uglier bike stolen. I am also sure its a travesty to install 28mm slicks but I have a 29er for off road and this is for my road rides in the city and it just rides like a dream. The frame and the sweet P2 fork give such a nice ride that is felt even more without large tires.
Below is a list of components. Its a mutt but a damn fine loyal mutt!
1992 Rocky Mountain Team Comp 17" frame #3946
1996 TB P2 fork with splined steerer
Tange Falcon head set
Syncros Cattle Prod stem w/ hinged clamp
Avid SD7 levers
Suntour 8spd thunb shifters
ESI grips
Gore Ride ON cables
Ritchey WCS bar Ends
Easton EC70 bar
FSA 170SL post at 410mm
Selle San Marco Integra saddle (now) WTB saddle here.
NOS XT BB
Race Face Turbine cranks now , DX cranks then
Candy pedals
XTR V brakes with Swiss Stop pads(awesome brakes)
Original Shimano top pull front mech
XTR rear mech w/ avid Rollamajig
SunRace 8 speed cassette(these are actually pretty good)
Mavic Crossride wheel set(they may not suite the bike but I have been very happy with them)
Michelin Wild Run'R Advanced 1.1" , past was Serfas SEca 1.25", Gatorskins 1.1" amd Schwalbe Durano 1.1"(Michelin's were easily the best performance with the Duranos best for reliability and performance)

Sad thing is I know there must be a ton of classic Rocky Mountain, Brodies and Konas because they were common locally back then. They are all just gathering dust in garages throughout BC.

Attachments

• DSC00074 (2).JPG
    DSC00074 (2).JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,114
This fully stock 1992 RM Equipe (missing its pedals and seat) was acquired from its original owner recently (family member) and it is in exceptional condition due to being ridden maybe a half dozen times back in the mid 90's. It is an 18.5

Attachments

• equipe.jpg
    equipe.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 1,076
Couple of Blizzards in the stable - 91 and 88 ( fillet brazed stem).

Attachments

• blizzards.jpg
    blizzards.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 1,079
Re:

92 blizzard repainted by previous owner..thinking of a winter strip and powdercoat back to white

Attachments

• 92blizz.jpg
    92blizz.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 1,047
Re:

Anyone still interested in this thread? My '93 Equipe. Bought it new in '93. 17" frame. I have the orig Deore DX derailleur & Ritchey Mega Bite Z-Max's, lost the shoulder holder. (Also have the same in 18.5" bit beat up, some incorrect components.)

Attachments

• DSC03212 sm.jpg
    DSC03212 sm.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 803
  • DSC03233 x.jpg
    DSC03233 x.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 803
Back