Show us your motorbike thread

IMG_20221026_171910.jpg
I finally got round to prepping the GSXR for its overdue MOT. Over a year sat in the garden had not been kind to it. I had to replace the tail light, which led to the removal of the naff undertray (exhibit A, below) and part of the plastic fairing (exhibits B & C) to accommodate a new aftermarket LED cluster with integrated indicators.
I also had to replace a linkage bearing/bushing and the brake light switches at the lever and foot pedal.

Advisories to deal are new tyres and get all three brake calipers serviced.

All in all, I'm looking forward to using it again, I have missed the motorbike.

Exhibit A
IMG-20221026-WA0012.jpeg

Exhibit B
IMG-20221026-WA0014.jpeg

Exhibit C
IMG_20221026_161623.jpg

I know the purists might not like it, but I prefer this look to the excessively long factory tail shape, and it's my bike. This makes it more usable to me, and in case you were worried, this wasn't a nice clean example of an almost vintage motorcycle that I've hacked to bits, it was always on the ratty side.

A 750? I like the shortened look :cool: Those front Tokico 6-pots are prone to seizing but are easy enough to work on. Is your bike fitted with an under slung rear caliper? If so easy to service but very prone to seizure. Had a 1200 Bandit with a similiar set-up.

A 750? I like the shortened look :cool: Those front Tokico 6-pots are prone to seizing but are easy enough to work on. Is your bike fitted with an under slung rear caliper? If so easy to service but very prone to seizure. Had a 1200 Bandit with a similiar set-up.
Yes, it is the underslung rear caliper. I tend to give the calipers to a professional, it's just not something I like spending time on 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for the positive response to my heinous mods 😄

KTM 950sm, absolute hoot to ride, you wouldn't think by the look of it, but the handling is something else
View attachment 678140

Great bikes, nearly bought the 990smr a while back, ended up with the 530excr instead. Never got around to supermotoing it though as had too much fun off road to change it over.

Yes, it is the underslung rear caliper. I tend to give the calipers to a professional, it's just not something I like spending time on 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for the positive response to my heinous mods 😄
Thanks for confirming and as you say has been in your garden for a bit so best to get it done properly. I am fairly sure that if the Tokico 6 pots are too far gone there are 4-pots which will fit and give better braking too.
Heinous mods lol, I spotted your dryer drum / fire pit which is a great idea!

Pleased to say I'm now awaiting the return of my licence with an extra class entitlement added to it :cool:

Frustratingly took 2 stabs at Mod 2, and I think had I had a more lenient examiner first time around it wouldn't have cost me an extra £200 and a 10 day wait for a re-test 🤨. But took it on the chin and corrected the fault as necessary.

Have now removed the L's from my 125, but in reality it'll have to be a very fair day for me to want to venture out again before spring!

Back