Show us your little 24” or 20” wheel bike

not sure, we haven't had many kids bikes in this thread yet...

still wanted to show the one my little lady is riding since a few weeks:

20230611_152340b.jpg
20230611_152424.jpg

It's a Dynamic Kid 20 frame with very nice Dynamic Dynalight dropouts.

Some pics of frame and the full kids bike like sold in 1994
Dynamics Kid 20 Rahmen aus BW 1994.jpg Dynamics kid 20 Bild 1994.jpg

The fork at our one seem to be hand built by Werner Juchem, a very nice one...

As this is the all-round bike for my little one I have replaced the crappy and heavy Shimano MJ2 triple chain ring crank to a modern lightweight one from Kubikes, and therefore dropped with that alone almost 500g weight. Obviously my 6 year old isn't missing more gear choices 🙄

All other stuff is also a compromise of being kids-ready (like the brake lever), lightweight but also a bit cool and nice. The rear mech is an old RX100, but tuned quite a bit, perfect fit due to the small size for this little bike.

The Grafton decals are just a bit like a homage at the nice Grafton bike from Sevysa back in 1994, but sure as my little one is riding this and sometimes it's parked if not lying around in front of her friends house, of course using real Garfton parts not just cheap look-a-like cantilever from Indonesia would be a shame.

while showing here than also kids bikes with 20 or 24 wheels, just wanted to show a nice collection of pictures (all not my bikes and often not my pictures) from cool bikes, all from the 90ties 🤩 (other than the Juchem 24 which is a recent new build)

Juchem Kids bike with 20"
Juchem Kinder 20 1.PNG

Juchem with 24" wheels
Juchem 24 MTB-news.jpeg

Indian (with Grafton cantis) built by Juchem
Indian Juchem 20 Kidsbike Endler Bild aus Bike 7 1992.jpg

Pe Cycles with BMX ProForx
70013954-Kind-Mountain-Bike-fully-released.jpg

Fuchs Bike
Fuchs Kids.jpg

Collina Campo 20 (from 94)
20201118_150639.jpg
I had this also bought earlier for my kids, meanwhile sold again
Screenshot_20201207-220156_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg

Wiessmann with 24" wheels for the son of Uli Fahl from Tune
Wiesmann 24 für Tune Sohn aus MountainBike 1997.jpg

Last but not least, Hans Rey going biking with Mr Jiggs in 1995
not sure about the used bike for the not so tall rider, it had at least a short Ballistic fork.
GT Hans Rey Affe Mr Jiggs 3 aus Bike 1995_07.jpg
GT hans rey Jiggs Affe 1995.jpg

Kids these days have such great bikes vs. what we had! Nice drinks bottle on the LTS!!! 😍
Yeah you’re not wrong, kids have pretty good bikes these days, along with parents that assist with their wants… my parents never brought me a bike.. I was 17 and saved for one.. and man I rode the shit out of it too.
No idea where I got that bottle from, probably eBay years ago…

Back