Show us your CLAUD BUTLER

My 1995 Claud Butler Vantage, owned since new and still in regular use.

My favourite look I had on this was blue Club Roost bars and grey Tioga Pysco 2 tyres but both of them items are long gone :(

How it currently looks, I plan on refitting the cantilever brakes at some point when time allows.

Excellent.... 2 pages at last! :D :facepalm:

Quick eBay cheap as chips rescue of a top of the 1994 range Antaeus 7005 with full XT group
1994 Claud Butler Antaeus (14).jpg

Last edited:
Re: Re:

Retro Spud":32m7u98u said:
So the Antaeus

Did it come via LGF -> Longun -> Peachy

The 91/92 red Antaeus? Yes... read the first page of the build :roll:

Re: Re:

Peachy!":3mnfak6i said:
Retro Spud":3mnfak6i said:
So the Antaeus

Did it come via LGF -> Longun -> Peachy

The 91/92 red Antaeus? Yes... read the first page of the build :roll:

Peachy!":3mnfak6i said:
So this fallen lady was first saved by Legrandfromage, then she had a brief Summer time affair with Longun. But ....,You’re my wife now Dave! :LOL:

:facepalm: There is 30+ pages to that thread and post one page one was a long way back

Re:

Here's my 1992 Clade Butler Cape Wrath (it doesn't fit me but it was too good looking to ignore)

It's standard apart from the tyres with DX throughout. Paintwork is stunning with a light metallic blue colour visible in sunlight (seems to be impossible to catch on a photo)

Attachments

• Cape Wrath.jpg
    Cape Wrath.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 284
Re:

My 88/89 Cape Wrath with XTII. Chainset fell out after a couple of months and sent it back and got the 88 Explosif instead.

49864049228_fe448cd12c_h.jpg

Excellent. Any chance of some more photos?
BTW this is the first Cape Wrath, 87-88 model, original production started by the then Marlboro owners of the CB brand in the midlands and continued to be produced there after the Brigg based company Falcon bought them out early ‘87.
The ‘89 catalogue (printed late ‘8:cool: has the next generation graphic (on this same frame), swapped the XT out for Deore-2 and at some point that year the production switched to the Lincolnshire Brigg factory.
By the end of ‘89 they had changed the graphic again (3rd version lasting from late ‘89 till late 92) with the U brake moving up from the chain stays to the seat stays and the cabling for the front mech re-routed via the top tube and used a pulley wheel.
And of course by late ‘90 the Deore-2 kit got switched to DX, the U-brake ditched for canti brakes, with the frame & kit staying the same through ‘91 & ‘92 (with the addition of the Aqua pearlescent paint choice in ‘92)
By late ‘93 it slipped down the ranking and carried LX.

Last edited:
Peachy!":1e9bulze said:
Excellent. Any chance of some more photos?
Unfortunately, this is the only one I took :(
As you can see it was the "grow into" gate size as I was 16 at the time.

Back