Show us yer FSR's

Ok mate,I've not had time to take the bearing out yet,thats also an option,just thought it be handy to have them all,ive got the betd up top,so there all good

Re:

If you want bearings to replace the ones in your drop outs (called the A-links) check my Sig - I've replaced them on my FSR with just some sealed bearings using the existing bush. Then just modified the old nylon top hat washers to make spacers that sit between them and the frame. Cost me 2 x sealed bearings (can't remember the type but can check later this weekend).

You'll need to get photos uploaded to an image hosting website like photo bucket. Then get links from each image to embed in your post. Bit of a faff but better than trying to upload via the forums image attachment (no size limit I think)

Finally sorted out a 1998 FSR Elite frame. Going to build a long travel frame.... Swap over some of the good bits from my other FSR, BETD Linkage, Disc's ready seat stay.

Re:

I figured I'd repost some pics of my '98 FSR Ground Control and
my '98 FSR Max Backbone Elite since photobucket is holding all
the other ones hostage.

The '98 Ground Control has been upgraded to all XTR components
over the years, bought this one brand new in 1998-
i3I5A2C.jpg

The '98 FSR Elite has the linkage and disc brake seatstays taken from a 2001 FSR Enduro
(it's a direct swap, no modifications needed).
The whole rear end has sealed bearings and a BETD needle bearing in the main pivot,
no bushings anymore.
PZcvSAT.jpg

bRI5Z3S.jpg

I have a 6.75" i2i x 1.75" stroke Fox shock on it (stock is 6.5"x1.5") that with the Enduro linkage
gives it 130mm of rear wheel travel.
The fork is a Rock Shox Sektor dual position coil that has been
converted to U-Turn coil with 110mm to 150mm travel.
9AeU2ll.jpg

LoGhjQn.jpg

r0ZfdVI.jpg

Og4hqFO.jpg

v7wxVo6.jpg

6Nsk1eT.jpg

ueODsG3.jpg

jfH4y5X.jpg

HiiwlG6.jpg

Still riding mine around, the front shock i bought 3-4 years ago is finally past its best and im looking online for replacements but most these days seam to be tapered steerers :(

Back