Show us what you did today, thread

After work today I got around to doing a job I've been meaning to do for the last few weeks, getting a remote fork lockout lever to fit some drop bars.
My Cove Hummer frame has morphed into a gravel/monster-X "thing", last winter it was running rigid forks, so for the summer I fitted some suspension forks with a remote lockout, only the lockout lever clamp was designed for 22.2mm mtb bars next to the grips, but the On One Midge drop bars are a larger diameter.

So I rummage around and found a Go-Pro type mount with a 31.8mm clamp, Dremelled off the bits I didn't need , and can now fit the lockout lever to the drop bars 🙂

20210615_183824.jpg 20210615_183909.jpg 20210615_183925.jpg 20210615_193939.jpg

Hopefully the cheap mount holds up, seems around the same thickness as the original mount. Just need to fit a new cable and test ride it.

Nice work!

It's still holding up, and was useful on yesterdays ride.

Today I have been mostly stuck behind this guy....
Screenshot_20210620-160359_Gallery.jpg

Headphones on, jogging away oblivious to everything around him 🙄.
No amount of shouting worked, I started off with "Excuse Me!", before reverting to "Oi!!!" 😄 there wasnt even anywhere to pass without physically barging him out of the way, so I just waited behind and took the next turning I could.

The local trails were fairly busy this afternoon with walkers, cyclists, and horse riders, so I headed off the main paths to some of the "rougher" trails.
It didn't quite go as well as I'd hoped though, a 90's full-suspension bike is still a million miles away from my more modern mtb, as I found out when I dropped the chain, my feet slipped off the pedals, and I rodeo'd the rest of the trail with the saddle hitting me up the arse 😣
Guess I wrong be sitting down much for the next few days 😅

The summer Solstice, the longest day, went for a ride up Benarty from RSPB Vane Farm just before sunset. My wife and daughter and her boyfriend walked. Normally would ride/push a bit up the newish steep as feck path, but apparently there's a landslip on path so took the advised diversion, bad, bad, very bad idea. The diversion is the old single track path to top of Vane Hill, last time I rode it, down not up, was more than 20 years ago. They've taken that time to add hunners and hunners of random height steps. Jeez. It was a blast in the "old" days coming down using the then halogen lights powered by big, almost half brick sized batteries. Expected a long push up apart from last 200 metres or so without all the steps but the steps made me run out of expletives long, long before then. Could see my wife, daughter, her boyfriend away in the distance on newish path having started a few minutes before me. They had the advantage of not pushing a bike.

Anyway it was worth it, just, for this view of Loch Leven from top of Benarty around 11.30pm.

20210621_231655[1].jpg

Lights on, I rode back along top then back down through bit with landslip nae bother at all, if I'd only known that a wee bit earlier.

If you look at the photo the other way up, it looks like the sea with the sunset sky above it 🙃

Keith, my legs are cream crackered after that push up the steps.....
And I found another tick this morning, had checked last night, found a really tiny one, then putting my socks on this morning found the 2nd.
They are so small that they look like the bramble scratches on my legs so hard to see what they are, feckin' wee bastards.

Back