Show us what you did today, thread

Ohh it wont be long until he leaves me for dust. He just about lives on his bike every minute he gets.
Though saying that he was so happy with the tandem.

Jamie

Nice pics Jamie, that sky looks very different to when I was out this morning!

20200816_Imagepipe_0.jpg

Having said that, it was great weather for cycling, nice and cool but not cold. Met loads of people on bikes, and all of them except one were girls - a big change from only a few years ago! If only I hadn't left my water bottle in the hallway at home - after 20 miles and with the sun starting to appear I was really getting thirsty so stopped in at my brother's for some water. I had to pay for it by helping install a sash window though, then spent the afternoon building a bit more of my garden wall by which time the sun was well and truly out...

Re:

Thanks Rob :)
Pretty hard to take a bad photo that weekend, the weather was great, family was happy, Canoe and water spot on and a beautiful landscape no matter which direction you look. Plus it was good to be camping again after the year we have had. We are heading back at the start of September so hopefully the weather will be as good.
That was the same weekend you were camping as well was it not? I seen some photos which looked pretty cool, especially dinner.

Jamie

Re:

I think it was the same weekend :D

Attachments

• IMG_20200808_224006.jpg
    IMG_20200808_224006.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,365
  • IMG_20200809_064938.jpg
    IMG_20200809_064938.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3,365
  • IMG-20200808-WA0018.jpeg
    IMG-20200808-WA0018.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,364
Hows that wee stove box thing doing Rob ?. Seen them reviewed but wondered what you though. Hows it size wise packed down :?
Looks very useful but i wondered if it was too big to make that usefulness just a burden to carry.

Re:

Andy I'll check sizes and weights for you later.
Jamie it was a overnighter, a chill out evening and it was at Loch Leven in Fife.

Busy weekend and despite the weather we did manage to get out for a bit of a ride.
Just a meander around the local back roads on the tandem but still it was good to be out.
It still needs the bottom bracket replaced but am just waiting on the TA crank puller so I can take it out and measure what I need.
It will soon get a full strip down when I do the BB, change the front handlebar and levers and maybe change the bar end gear levers to downtube as well as new cables etc.
For now we have it enough to do day rides etc and will tweak it to suite ourselves as we go. Caleb is certainly loving it though, always happy and smiling, rushes in the door whenever we get home to tell mum of his adventures. I'm glad as he was keen beforehand but you never know until he tries it for himself. So for now all good. He has also picked up the tandem way of riding really quickly and we don't have any problems with staying in sync when stopping or starting.
Anyway here are a couple of photos as usual and also me sporting my new Audax Ecosse wool jersey that finally arrived Saturday.
Hope you have all had a good weekend and managed to get a ride in at some point.

Jamie

August 23 2020 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Today the wife is away doing a couple of Munros, so I've spent the morning at Broughty Ferry with Logan. An hour in the park was a good tricep workout pushing him on the swings and then a toddle along the beach to collect some more shells for his sandpit.
Glad of an easy day today though as I'm still beasted from my trip to Comrie yesterday with my latest purchase.

Untitled by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

Yes, that's a motor and yes I am still aching!

Had it about a month now but this was the first time I had a chance to get away for a full day. Been up the Sidlaws a couple of times and Pitmedden last weekend, but this trip was the kind of stuff I bought the bike for. Always struggled with the climbs at Comrie, that big kick out of the car park gives no chance for a warm up. Usually I manage about three loops in a day, but I'd done that by lunchtime and was up for the same again in the afternoon. It just makes the trip so much more worthwhile. Extra weight is noticeable (the bikes, not mine) on tight techy stuff and that bike in particular holds its weight low down and once your above walking speed is really agile. Not as "poppy" as my Santa Cruz but really confidence inspiring.

Amount of runs I did yesterday pushed body and battery to the verge and I got back to the car exhausted with 1 mile left on the battery range.

Untitled by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

Won't be a bike for every ride. Took it round my local loop just to get used to it, and it took the fun out of it. On easier trails it's too easy to run into the limiter and then the bike just feels like it stops dead. Needs a decent bit of climbing and descents where you're not really pedalling, more carrying your speed. Also not a bike for Epicyclo style riding, lifting it over fences and gates or stomping through heather when the path runs out is a whole other workout in itself!

Back