Show us what you did today, thread

I had Wednesday off work and while I got lots of non bike related things done I pulled the Mercian King of Mercia out the loft to check some brake drop measurements as I am pretty sure that is all I need to finish parts gathering. I have a couple of frames but there is usually only 1 or two classics on the go at once and I swap parts between but this was ridden like a modern setup as it was so nice and so I think that is the style of a good all round ride, comfortable but fast but can carry a bit of gear, 9 speed with a triple up front.
I am not sure how quickly this will progress as I have a couple of other things going on but at least if all the parts are there I can finish it at leisure.

Jamie

IMG_3282 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3289 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3290 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3291 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

Very nice box lining on that JT Jamie :cool:

One of my Scots has some but nowhere near as blingy as that :mrgreen:

gmac123":h8pwvj9w said:
that JT looks stunning :shock:

is it fillet brazed?

Hi mate :D It's been a while
Hope the you and the family are doing well, and I imagine the wee ones not so wee now :)

The JT is indeed fillet brazed and a super neat finish to the brazing as well. The brothers have a super long history of fillet brazing dating back to when they set up just after the war.

Jamie

Yesterday had a very enjoyable day as the family and I ventured slightly south to visit with Brian and Sheena, socially distancing of course, as I had a BSA frame and some bikepacking gear I had to drop off but really just to visit and have an outside lunch at the Highland café. Along the way I had picked up a 50's Viking frame and fork and seeing as how it wasn't my size but was spot on for Brian he ended up getting two frames. It wasn't all one sided as I left with a frame in my size, a very lovely 1930's BSA Golden Vase! and a lovely set of polished 27'' Weinmann rims for the JT Sport. It seemed the perfect solution, win win. Both Sheena and Heather were wondering whether this was some sort of elaborate plan ;)
Anyway on to today and after getting a bit of work done around the garden for Heather and sorting the on the ground plans for the new shed we hope to get building before the end of summer I did manage to get out for a ride, just local but a good hour and a half to help clear the head. Out on the JT Super Clubman as it has really become my favourite ride of late. Glad I did as it started chucking it down not too long after I got in.
Nothing too far or fancy just a small quiet selection of back lanes looping back round to the coast and then back along the windy by now, coast.
I went on a quick stop at the old Olrig cemetery and the old ruined medieval church to have another look for the Selkie woman's grave. Didn't find it but I wasn't looking too hard. It was nice to sit outside as it is such a peaceful place, not many people go there as there is a modern cemetery not far away and across the lane is a Commonwealth war cemetery, again seldom visited, they are well hidden away from any main thorough fares, which in some ways is a shame. From there I wound my way round to come out back on the coast for a cruise back home. Well the whole ride was short on distance and taken at a leisurely pace just spinning along enjoying being out.
Hope everyone else has had an enjoyable weekend.

Jamie

1 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

2 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

5 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

7 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

8 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

11a by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Due to several purchasing deals done back before lockdown began, one in January and one organised early February, and what with the preceding lockdown, I finally managed to pick up and sort yesterday. It was a very enjoyable day with a nice ride in the middle. Due to the travel restrictions being lifted I could finally make a run from the Highlands and raid the Kingdom of Fife of precious jewels ;)
Lovely day yesterday in Fife before staying in Perth and back up the road today.

Jamie

Re:

Today I cleaned my amberwalls in anticipation of my build completion next week. Once the final few parts arrive! The wait is excruciating!!!! At least the weather is fine, if I can escape from the kids I might get out for a ride.

Attachments

• 8186637C-5407-489F-81B4-4C41A190A7B1.jpeg
    8186637C-5407-489F-81B4-4C41A190A7B1.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 1,660
Re: Re:

JRGSXR":1xoxp3rl said:
Today I cleaned my amberwalls in anticipation of my build completion next week. Once the final few parts arrive! The wait is excruciating!!!! At least the weather is fine, if I can escape from the kids I might get out for a ride.

Know what you mean. I’ve had two rides in 4 months without the wee man (literally) in tow.
At least he started nursery this week, so solo ride prospects looking up.

What you building?

Re:

Hi Clubby,
Recently picked up a 1990 Fuchs MTB frame. I’ve got a build thread going in the main readers rides section. Just waiting on a couple of parts to arrive as I said. I’ve got new hubs coming, so next week I’ll be building a set of wheels. Hopefully get out on it a week on sat weather permitting. Watch yourself if you go out on your own, you can go much faster when the kids not attached to the back of you!

Working on my website. A short ride on the pub bike, and digging out the history behind the poster on the mug. All bike related, so not a bad day.

Attachments

• Janners Mugs Bike Crew Personalized Cycles Sirius.jpg
    Janners Mugs Bike Crew Personalized Cycles Sirius.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,452
Back