Show me your Raleigh's

That was a valuable tip. I came across the company "Anlen" via the image search. The company is from Taiwan and has produced frames for various brands. I found the frame sticker on a Kuwahara Sage, among others. Similar frames can be found, for example, on the MT Racing Classic Comp / Pro or the Heavy Tools HTLX. There with Ishiwata Triple Butted, Tange Double Butted and even Reynolds 531 Magnum stickers? And with 1 inch or 1/18 inch head tube. I was at least able to narrow down the year of manufacture from the frame number: 1989. And more importantly: I love the frame, the size, the finish and above all the paintwork & decals :)

Attachments

• IMG_2553.jpeg
    IMG_2553.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. Hope to find someone who can say something about my new purchase: I would be very happy to hear about a Raleigh (Nottingham) "Dirty Snake". I reckon it's around 1990 because it's a complete XT 735 and will be my "winter project". Does anyone know the model? The monostay is striking. Greetings to the UK from Berlin
View attachment 797542
The font on the top tube reminds me of Dirty Dancing.

Here's mine from the US of Stateside. It's not actually my original one that I bought in 1990 but I managed to find another of the exact same model. And this time it's an 18" not the 20" I bought aged 15 expecting to 'grow into'.

I'm confused about the Raleigh USA - UK relationship. Were they competing or did it all end up in the same shareholder dividend?
Raleigh USA were overall owned by Raleigh but ran as a separate company from Raleigh UK (as they were different markets).

My Raleigh Clubman - 1983. possibly the best condition in the UK. Original. (Apart from the shorty mudguards) bought from @Markone in this beautiful condition for £160
That is amazing condition. Raleigh rust proofing (they boasted it was at car standard) and paint were superb. Best in UK until they closed.

I do have a Raleigh to show too...
A Raleigh USA M450 from 1995.
View attachment 655073
According legends they have hired that year a painter from Klein, maybe not true, but obviously the paint job reminds heavily at Backfire paintwork from Klein.

The nice, bulky colors had been the reason why i've bought it in weak condition with low entry level components. Sure, pretty cheap.
Meanwhile most is replaced with better stuff and I'm using this as colorfull Daily bike with 1x9 speed set-up.
View attachment 655074
View attachment 655075
View attachment 655076
View attachment 655077
Amazing: that paintwork is so Klein.

My Raleigh Clubman - 1983. possibly the best condition in the UK. Original. (Apart from the shorty mudguards) bought from @Markone in this beautiful condition for £160
I have a larger identical model - too big fir me (couple of spills) and am looking for exactly your bike!

Attachments

• IMG_2366.jpeg
    IMG_2366.jpeg
    546.2 KB · Views: 6
Back