Shimano Issues Scam Alert

MattiThundrrr

Kona Fan

Unaffiliated with the company, selling counterfeit products. Spread the word

And be aware of shimano copies in AliExpress. A alivio 4000 for 15€ posted. Bought and … it was a copy with shimano logo and a bad quality materials. Imposible to sincronice, the arm has lot of play. Very poor quality.

Doesn't say anything about the products being fake, merely that it is an unauthorized shop!

It is, though i feel shimano are more bothered about someone cashing in than consumers safety, pity there is no link to the site. Not that i would risk sending details or money to a copy site.

the other website to avoid is wish dot com, had some customers buy stuff and ask me to fit it, 8 speed rapid fire shifters, they initially seemed ok in use and i did notice that they didn't look quite right, but as they worked the bike left the shop, 3 weeks later the bike came in for a puncture, the gear levers were so stiff that the kid had given up and left it in small/small.

Its not like buying a knock off Gucci T shirt that falls apart earlier than expected. Poorly made bicycle components can injure or kill you. I remember a customer’s 2 month old ‘correctly’ tightened XT M730 headset go stiff on him. The crown race material was too soft causing rapid ball pitting and jamming. Plenty of other threads on this subject.

I bought a hg95 chain from ebay, the description picture was an original...what turned up was clearly a fake.....its gone back..

There's a few good articles online about how to recognise the differences.

Back