View

Sunday 15th Sept

NE/North&West Yorks are proud to present

Settle to Malham, Yorkshire Dales

w-42457-malham_moor-189x189.jpg
w-071195-malhamtarnestate-property_image.jpg
w-malham_cove-189x189.jpg

:: Date: Sunday 15th sept
:: Distance/time: 16ish Miles with shortcut options/approx 5hrs including stops.
:: Meeting at: 10:00am onwards, ride starts at 10:30am Lower Greenfoot Lane Car Park, Settle BD24 9RW
:: Directions: click here for start location
:: Terrain: 85% off road, mainly well surfaced but expect some mud in places. 1400ft of climbing, drove roads, shooting tracks and some technical singletrack.

The ride starts with a big climb out of Settle and onto the new section of the Pennine Bridleway before heading off over Malham Moor toward the Tarn (the highest Lake in England).
Then a brake burning descent into Malham Village for a hearty pub lunch and ales, followed by a short walk to Malham Cove. The return leg will see us saddling up again for the big climb up onto the Pennine Bridleway again and the final descent down the fantastic Stockdale Lane into Settle.

Stunning Dales views all the way round with particularly good views of the mighty Three Peaks in the distance.

There is plenty of parking in Settle as well as a good few pubs and hotels for those wanting to make a weekend of it. There are also regular trains from Carlisle and Leeds for those who want to leave the car at home.

Please make sure your bike is in good fettle and you are dressed for all weathers.

Here's a link to the last few aftermaths.... 2013 ... 2011 ... 2011

:: NO HELMET NO RIDE

See thi up on't moors!

Re:

Need to amend a few details , Distance is 16.5 miles (may last year when I logged it) and date as in title not description , meet 10 for 10.30 start , oh the joys of copy n paste .
Cracking ride with awesome views and the descent back to Settle is fing ace .
See you there.

Re:

A week on Sunday , plenty of people signed up to go on our local Farcebook page but stick names on here too please .
Riders confirmed so far
Matthews
Kebab Ken
Ringo
Luke
Dick10 (Carl)
Paul B
Kaya
Spud

Cheers

Re:

I'm definitely going, never been before so looking forward to it!

Re:

Enjoy the ride boys and girls :LOL:

My cast is coming off on the 26th of September, I have been riding the bike on the turbo, so it shouldn't take long to get back on it :facepalm:

Probably need to take it easy, nothing stupid downhill :shock: to begin with!

Stuart.

Re:

slmracing":1z9qibst said:
Enjoy the ride boys and girls :LOL:

My cast is coming off on the 26th of September, I have been riding the bike on the turbo, so it shouldn't take long to get back on it :facepalm:

Probably need to take it easy, nothing stupid downhill :shock: to begin with!

Stuart.

Better stick a towpath ride in for you then next month Stu :LOL:

Car park is BD24 9RW not RB as in opening title , only 50yds diff but Ken may still get lost if he doesn't have the right postcode (even though he's been umpteen times before !!)

Re:

Forecast is looking excellent for this weekend , any latecomers let us know if you are coming please .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back