Servicing Manitou Mars CL forks?

citizen-snips

Retro Guru
I think I might have asked on this forum before about having a Manitou Mars CL fork serviced. But then having spoken to one of my local mechanics who said it couldn’t be done as the parts and seals weren’t available shelved the idea and assumed he must be right.

But having just found this post realise it might just be possible to get them serviced.

Are there any recommendations as to which company I could get to service them? They’re the model with carbon fork bridge. The fork outers are in really good condition so seems a shame to waste them as could use them on wife’s steel hard tail.

Was looking at these some time ago.From memory,there was one model that was very difficult/impossible to find seals for.Seals were available for one model,not the other.(Mars C/CL).Sorry I can't remember which one,so not a lot of help.Company may have been enduroforkseals.

I don't have one to recommend unfortunately,there probably are members on here that will offer that service though.There are definitely a couple of guys servicing rear shocks.May be worth asking in the -->97 section too,a bit more traffic through there.

Good to see captaincowelly was trying to help here and all so recently.

Well it looks like my Manitou Mars CL 2000 fork needs a service with new seals (I'll need to order from shockcraft). From what I can tell 'Full Factory Suspension' and 'rsfsus' are options for retro forks but is there anyone in the UK who I can send these lovely lightweight forks to who's worked on them before and able to help as fork servicing is something I'm rather bad at. No rush, any help though much appreciated.

Manitou Mars CL 00.jpg

Last edited:
Back