Selle Italia Flite - Genuine or Fake?

Hi,

I found the attached on eBay, which is listed as a refurbed Ti Flite. It mostly looks legit to me, except there's no date stamp on the bottom. The seller (100% feedback) has told me it is a flite and that he doesn't know why the date stamp is missing, but I was hoping someone could tell me definitively? Thanks.

s-l400 (5).jpg s-l400 (4).jpg s-l400 (3).jpg s-l400.jpg

Hmmm...
This is the listing?

On eBay you can zoom in on the photos and to me it looks like date stamp under the nose did have the text there - you can see slight remains of it. I can only assume at some stage it looks like the plastic has been cleaned by something pretty aggressive that has melted/softened the plastic? It wouldn't have come out the factory/tooling like that. Maybe it's a later re-issue and they're hiding that fact?

Hmmm...
This is the listing?

On eBay you can zoom in on the photos and to me it looks like date stamp under the nose did have the text there - you can see slight remains of it. I can only assume at some stage it looks like the plastic has been cleaned by something pretty aggressive that has melted/softened the plastic? It wouldn't have come out the factory/tooling like that. Maybe it's a later re-issue and they're hiding that fact?
Yep, that's the one. Thanks, and thanks @troje, that's good enough for me.

I bought the Flite Titanium saddle below from a reputable shop in the 1990s, new in a box, so almost certainly genuine. I used to have the box, but unfortunately I think it may have been thrown away.

Date marking
saddle_01.jpg

Selle Italia marking
saddle_02.jpg

NOS for $250

Back