Schwinn Mesa GSD 2006

SpinThoseLegs89

Dirt Disciple
So the story starts when I was 16, started my first job at a supermarket, saved my measly wages too save up for my first bike
On holiday down in Somerset, where I came across them selling a schwinn mesa, it was way too large but I wanted it, dual disc brakes and rapid-fire shifters and a 120mm stem, I was in love, in my eyes it was the dogs gonads
Rode the bike everywhere until I had too too sell the bike for my further studies, biggest regret ever
Fast forward too the beginning of this year, and wanting too get back into mountain biking, I was searching on Facebook when I found another one not too far from myself
That was it I rushed off too pick it up, and parted with 150 of the finest English pounds
Condition wise she was in good shape having be bought new and Rode twice too which it was demoted too the shed, apart from the forks corroding, gear shifters changing when they wanted
So after some period correct upgrades (NOS deore shifters, rockshox xc forks, 9 speed groupset she was ready too go

It rides, well just how I remember sticks well round the corners and accelerates like a scolded cat, every time I have a smile

Be gentle on her

Attachments

• 20210417_144934.jpg
    20210417_144934.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Great bike, I bought one of these in 2005 when I got a new job and got back into bikes. It was the orange model with Manitou Six forks.

Great spec for the money, £350 and came with a Deore rear mech and Hayes mechanical discs.

Sadly got nicked from work around 2008.

Yours looks great, enjoy!

The bike that got me into retrobike was a Schwinn Mesa Runner, 1987 spec so not reassembling your fine steeds. Always had a soft spot for Schwinn's ever since.

Great bike, I bought one of these in 2005 when I got a new job and got back into bikes. It was the orange model with Manitou Six forks.

Great spec for the money, £350 and came with a Deore rear mech and Hayes mechanical discs.

Sadly got nicked from work around 2008.

Yours looks great, enjoy!
Same one I bought, but the shop decided too strip of its good parts, and replace with odd stuff

Still has it Hayes mechanicals, which apart from whistle when braking work well did think about hydraulics

Back