Sbike 829 (Belgium)

It's a nice price for the parts, but the frame has been welded and these repairs don't last no matter how professional the repair was.
The seat tube has sheared just below the rear shock's top mount.

It's been welded nicely and repainted, but these shears weaken quite a bit of material around the actual crack. No amount of welding will fix that.
So as a bike, this one is useless really. On the first decent off-road excursion you'll be walking home ... if you're lucky.

For reference, here's my 828. Broken, welded ... and then broken right below the weld.

P2070008m.jpg

Thanks for the heads up :shock:

Wasn't planning on buying it, and if I would it would be for the frame.
Not really a fan of the parts..

Sorry to shatter that dream.

If you really want a full-suspension Sbike, the 900-series (906, 908 and 909) have a much better suspension mount that spreads the load over a much larger section of the seattube. I have never heard of one of those breaking.

Thanks for that as well. I know it isn't my thread, but SBIKESwere way up in the most-awesome list during school. I'm not that up on them now, but need to learn more. I see one in my future, if even for hanging on the wall while I ride the ProFLex or Mongoose!

Thanks for that as well. I know it isn't my thread, but SBIKESwere way up in the most-awesome list during school. I'm not that up on them now, but need to learn more. I see one in my future, if even for hanging on the wall while I ride the ProFLex or Mongoose!

Back