SB9443 Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama

Re: Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama

Not much been going on with the build as I'm waiting for my next bonus to get some more Campagnolo parts :)

But I have managed to lay my hands on two original alloy TA cages, test fit the head set as I was worried about stack height but all is good. And I've had the used Wolber Rims I found re-finished and added replacement stickers.
And finalised the JCB decal

Frame is going to the painters next Thursday ...

Well that's the decals ready to go of and be done, I know you can get them in a few places but I haven't seen any that have the correct semi circles cut in the seat tube or down tube ones that these originals have, so gona send these of to be copied

Re:

This is going to be gorgeous. C-Record, check out the latest Cycle Sport magazine for some inspiration re. Fignon and his autobiography is a great read too.

Regards,

Pat

Re:

Nice work.
Those rim decals were good, please also post pictures and details of the new frame ones you have made, always interested in something worthwhile.
How tall is the frame?
My Jean-Claude Garde from 89 is 58cm c-c, but stated as a 57, I assume due to the relaxed angle.
Richie

Re:

Thanks guys, will post pics of new decals once done. Im having the top tube ones done 1st as they need to be cut around the where rear brake cable comes out of the frame.

It seems that on the standard steal frames tbe decal had two cut outs for the external brake cable lugs that were on the side, a normal dynatech frame has internal cable but comes out on the side my 753 dynatech has internal but it comes out the top.

You can see where they originally cut it with a blade and cut into paint. So I will cut before paint and the have the decal remade with a correct pre cut shape.

Got the top tube decals back today, so got them stuck on, marked and made the cut outs before paint. Will now have them re-done with the tear drop cut outs that are needed.

Also got my WOLBER letters back, these were a bitch to take off so I think Del has done double well with these.

Wheels looking very well now I think

Re:

Ooooh, I've missed this thread up until now! Lovely project, and at a bargain price too. Well, the frameset that is! :LOL:

Mike

Small update, I've had the decals back from Del and have to say very pleased. All the cut outs as per originals and the ones I had to put in for my brake cable lug on the top tube.

Also laid my hands on theses

Frame is nearly ready to so I'll be collecting that next week hopefully, had a little teaser photo from my painter

Del also did the decals for my friends 653 steel castorama replica which have also come out very well

Back