Sat 5th Peaks Retro Road Ride

Re:

Thanks everyone for pitching in to make My First Ride a great success, you lot are awesome! And knackered judging by the lack of posts so far :LOL:

T'was a beast of a day, but totally beautiful, I'll edit this with some info and pictures later but now I've got five & a half hours to sleep before heading over to sample those Yorkshire hills...

Thanks again, you rock :cool:

Photos, unedited at the moment I'm afraid but there's a few decent ones in there:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/91DtCvQy7pbYBMYT2

Please add any you have to this album so that they're all in one place. PM me your email address if it isn't playing nicely and I'll add you to the list.

Attachments

• IMG_20180506_044110_130.jpg
    IMG_20180506_044110_130.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 4,175
Quote elPedro666
Following on from the brilliant Cumbria ride recently I thought it was about time to show what the Peaks has to offer! There's no one major climb* but the route is a hilly little beast throughout, fifty-ish miles predominantly on quiet back lanes, taking us from beautiful valleys to fantastic sweeping panoramas. Not what I'd consider an easy route but well worth the grovelling and sweating :LOL:

He wasn't wrong...

Bloody hell :shock: !!! it was tough, very tough no very very tough for Fatboy not slim :oops: me at the back, towards the end of it I was thinking :? "F@@King ell not another f@@king hill".My legs were screaming at me :twisted: " What the f@@k are doing to us you fat pig, you're crazy you haven't got the gears !!!!" Me screaming back "shut up legs!" and when that stopped working pleading with them to go just that bit further :facepalm:.
But they were right :oops: , I'd brought a show pony to the rodeo :roll: and the Master Piu was running 38 28 for the lowest gear :x I had sorely under-estimated this ride and paid for it with every pedal stroke. :facepalm:

But, it is these challenges and achievements that also make the ride ! I had tackled the Peaks and come out even.

It was a fantastic day, we could not have wanted for better weather or company :cool: . Even the climbs (did I say it was tough :) ) had their rewards with spectacular views :cool: :cool: :cool: as well as the abundance of onion rings at the Manifold Inn, filled the day just perfectly.

Thanks Pete for giving me the opportunity to experience it all , letting me crash the night before and sorting it out it didn't disappoint :D :D

Attachments

• cat and fiddle.jpg
    cat and fiddle.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 4,180
  • admiring the view.jpg
    admiring the view.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 4,180
  • follow the leader.jpg
    follow the leader.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 4,180
  • the top says it all.jpg
    the top says it all.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 4,180
  • nag in the dales.jpg
    nag in the dales.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 4,180
Re:

Thanks to Pete for organising a cracking route.
Big thanks to Carl for collecting a bike for me and fettling it so I could just jump on it and ride the route, and for not telling me the lowest gear was 42:24...... :facepalm: this made for some interesting climbs where I was glad the old chain was nice and thick!
A rolling route was enjoyed by all, with the "show pony" Clive brought to ride glinting it's way magnificently around in the sun.
I got home looking like a crab stick, all red and white, but mostly intact.
Pics are added to Pete's album.

see you all next time
Rich

Re:

Yep, cheers for organising this one Pete. It did seem as though you'd picked out all the hardest climbs from two of my previous routes and linked them together with more hills.
Nice to get out on some old steel again.

I have been rather indulging myself with modern stuff over the past couple of years.

It was nice to check in.

Back