Saracen LE Rescue and Relic paint Job finished apologies

Re: Saracen LE Rescue and Relic paint Job

I'll ask her:

"I think it's good that it's a nice chilled relaxing time for you"

Quick find me another couple while I've got her sympathy! ;)

Good start and the ode... Probably the post of the year!

This poxy weather is stopping the paint going off. Currently got a fan heater under the frame. If nothing else happens thinking about turning it on. :)

Laquer can turn a milky white colour if you use it when it's cold.

Hmmmm. Maybe wait till boss is out and kitchen free. Can it be easily cleaned off of dogs?

Just finished second coat of red white and blue. It really is the antithesis of normal gloss painting, intentionally creating texture in the drying paint. for this reason alone I'm loving it. Not sure if the results will look like anything other than a dog's dinner but the process is most satisfying. Looks as rough as rats at present but that's the whole point at this stage. Couple more rough coats like this before the delphinium, then leave for a good few days to properly harden off before the sanding.

Looking forward to seeing the finish HM . Any spraying done indoors will go firkin everywhere . Trust me , I did a road frame a few years ago in SONIC :LOL: :LOL: blue , and despite being careful , spent ages cleaning the kitchen again . Luckily I was single at the time , or I may not have knackers now :LOL: :LOL:
Worse case, it will look pants , just get it blasted and left in the raw . Look up Kona Kilauea 1995 Rusty Rat for the finished product .
:cool:

Mike

That is gorgeous. I did think that if awful would just blast and coat the loudest colour i could find.

Attachments

• Delphinium Kestrel_1744.jpg
    Delphinium Kestrel_1744.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 144

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh stop it !
:shock: :shock: :shock: :facepalm:
May go for the rat look on one of mine , still toying with the idea

Mike

Fourth and final red white and blue in the morning. Then the crucial colour choice of topcoat.

Back