Saracen Kili Flyer 87

Re: Saracen kili 87

One for you Coomber, at Newhaven ferry port this morning. Will get some better ones soon!

Re: Saracen kili 87

Yup, Crane's the name!

Just a few Normandy downs tomorrow, here we are on the other side

Loved the ride, I reckon it's secured it's place as my tourer. We found ourselves on a rough forest track at one point so it's ideal for on/off road. Not a wobble on the downhills despite all the (considerable!) weight being on the back.

I don't have much in the way of decent lightweight touring kit so not travelling that light. A tricky time of year for camping too: two jumpers, heavy coat and lightweight jacket, high prospect of getting soaked! Ended up glad of all of it. Luckily no rain while cycling which given how much rain there was (almost all overnight) was pretty lucky.

Good tip if you find yourself cycling along the Normandy coast: the funicular railway in Le Treport will take you from sea level to the top of the cliff - with your bike! And to continue south you start from the cliff top.

Incidentally, does anyone know if "smooth brazed" means fillet brazed? Catalogue says "smooth brazed" but fillet brazing would have been the proper terminology I assume and would be a selling point, so why not say that? Or are they different techniques?

Are the welds to the head tube noticeable? From memory of my 87 kili they were - but that is now sadly in the skip so I can't check.

On the other hand my 89 kili - which is described as fillet brazed - is completely smooth....

Latest posts

Back