Santa Cruz Tazmon 1995/96

if anyone wants to sell me a Tazmon then I'll put it beside my 97 Hecker and 01 Bullitt - all based on similar designs

ah... another crazy SC fan 👍👍. Could you give me some more details of the shock service by Risse (costs, how long does it last,...).
I have to do the same...😜
View attachment 616122

Thanks a lot
I ahve a santa cruz Tazmon a 95' with all american parts except the shifters, Risse Racing upgrades the teminator for less than $100 mine is being done now, and risse racing can also cnc a stem anything you llike i have 150MM salsa quill new and a 150mm 1" SALSA AHEAD AS WELLL AS king Ti aheadset and all kinda of various road n mountain vintage parts

I had a Tazmon back in the day, it was my first full suspension bike, I loved that thing, then it got stolen, that still grates to this day! 😕
Anyway some lovely bikes in this thread. 👍
@Woody have you got any further with yours?

there is a few tazmons on sale at ebay for pretty cheap....get risse racing to uprade the rear suspension for about 100

Hello, New guy here from central Oregon. It's great to see the old Santa Cruz bikes popping up. I've been a fan for a long time and have been renewing several old Superlight and Heckler frames this last winter. I'm currently bringing back a Bullit 1, but am super excited about my latest find...a first year Tazmon 1, large 20" frame, number 173! It has the original paint and decals, and several oddities such as the headset, integrated seatpost clamp and rear canti brake pully. I think the forks are 1995 Rockshox Judy SL's or XC's...can't tell because they're painted over. The aftermarket disc brake, a ProStop, got pretty mixed reviews back in the day. It's going away, as are the wheels. The Risse Racing shock is in good shape. Risse is here in Redmond, Oregon, where I live, and they're a great group of people with expertise in all things bike suspension related. At age 70, most of my riding is high desert cross country, between 3,000 and 6,000 feet of elevation. The old Santa Cruz bikes are perfect for this.
Hello Rusty,
do you have any contact in Risse? Are they still in bussiness? I have two shocks for service there and haven't heard from them for months, no answer to my emails and messages. Thank you for any help.

Hello Again…Yeah, Risse is still there, although they seem pretty swamped lately. I’ve been waiting for a shock for over a month and I’m one of the “priority locals”. Your best bet is to call them and talk to either Justin or Kevin. I've heard second hand they’re not great about responding to emails.…

I had a Tazmon back in the day, it was my first full suspension bike, I loved that thing, then it got stolen, that still grates to this day! 😕
Anyway some lovely bikes in this thread. 👍
@Woody have you got any further with yours?
Yep, the Tazmon is built now. I'll get some pics up soon! I want to change a few things though ....a build is never complete eh

Hello,

for restoring my polished Tazmon (see above) I have to rebuild the decals.
Could anyone help me with a picture of the flag and the Tom Morris Designs at the seattube?

Thank you!
Mac

edit: found one in post #7

Last edited:
Back