Santa Cruz Chameleon now 650b!

Re: Santa Cruz Chameleon (work in progress!)

Thanks for the offer but I'll stick with the deore one for now

Still need to pay for my wheels and then get a renthal fat bar!

So this has been a bit of a slow mover, now my hand is about 90% better after the break I've had today off work and put a few more bits on, set up the brakes and gears. I will be getting my tyres Sunday and my new bars and grips have been delivered to my work today - typical when I have the day off!

Anyway, here it is minus tyres and temporary bars just thrown on so I had somewhere to put the shifter and brake levers when tuning them up!

Pics of the finished bike should be here by Sunday

ORANGE CABLE OUTER!?

it was in the parts box so I thought I'd use it :)

Looks awesome mate. I love the spoon, got one in the same colour on my parkwood.

Might be the pic but seatpost looks wrong way around?

Get some protection on the chainstay as well, paint is too nice to chip with chainslap.

Squeeze in 2.3" tyres in the rear do you think?

Yeah I have to experiment with the seat, I angled it back as it looked better, not sure how it will ride though...I'll see once I have the tyres on

Lime green lizard skin for the chainstay? Or is that a bit over kill!? Haha

I'm going for continental trail kings 2.2 both ends, it's way too muddy round where I am and don't want to go too big incase it clogs up and takes paint off!

Re: Santa Cruz Chameleon (Almost finished!)

So as for handlebars, I wanted something super wide with a low rise and the bar of choice was a renthal fat bar... with it being so close to Christmas I could not quite justify spending £55 on a set of bars at the moment, I had a quick browse online to see what else was suitable and at a good price and stumbled across these el guapo ancho wide bars from planet-x, they are a MASSIVE 810mm wide! thats almost ridiculous :) ...perfect.

to top it off they were £39.99 reduced to £19.99, after a quick voucher code search I found a 20% off so Ive managed to get a proper bargain here!

propped up against my work desk to give an idea on the size!

235mm of potential brake lever/grip space!

on the work xmas do tonight so I will fit them over the weekend :)

Re: Santa Cruz Chameleon (Almost finished!)

Have the el guapo bars but in the flat version on my parkwood. Really like them. 780mm takes some getting used to though!

Re: Re:

kyle888":2uqj9ig1 said:
Nice build!

You still got the pashley?

Hi mate, the pashley has gone I'm afraid, reluctant sale but I'm getting to old for trails and being a prat on a bike! :LOL: broke my hand in September so I'm staying off the rigid bikes for a bit :cool:

Coomber, I'm looking forward to trying these bars out, 810mm is proper huge! I had a Renthal fatbar light on a bike last year and loved them - why did I sell them again? :evil: :LOL:

Back