Santa Cruz Bullit MK I - still blue ;)

That looks awesome. :cool:

There is definitely something about Santa Cruz bikes from this era. They just look right. (apart from the Tazmon. That was a mistake!)

If I had the space I'd be looking for one of these to add to the collection.

Aaaaand it's 'still' here ;) Been on the backburner for a while as we've been in the States since January, but Papadirt needed his poached bits back so I finally got the Hope Minis reassembled and bled and managed to source a cheap bolt-up wheelset - job done! Looking forward to the trails opening up again to give it a proper outing :p

EWXmTDtWoAI9QT7

EWXmTDsXsAEZGMH

p5pb18676958.jpg

Prob time for an update as it's still here (yes, I know :LOL: :facepalm: ) although looking a little different with a typical late 90s explosion of primary colors :p in the form of red FSA Power Pro cranks and yellow Judy XLCs . . . waaay shorter forkage than it deserves but still slack enough for the city steps and hey, it actually goes uphill now - win! I had planned on respraying the XLCs in the style of Judy DHOs but I kinda like the yellow so it stays, for now.

p5pb20103397.jpg

Final update (maybe ;) ). Although I loved the yellow XLCs, the plan was always to respray in a Judy DH/DHO style, so with not a lot else happening during lockdown, I decided to go for it. After leaving the paint to cure for a good few weeks, rebuild day finally arrived and I'm pretty stoked with the result :p Cheers to Gil for the decals 👍

EzLuXiiVkA05-Bn

EzLuXijVoAMmup_
EzLuXijUcA82GgQ

All done! :p Super short and slack - feels absolutely spot-on! Really does feel like a keeper and it's time I settled down :oops: 🤦

p5pb17917172.jpg

p5pb17917173.jpg

Transferred the parts over from the little Orange so still need to reassemble my Hope brakes and source a wheelset so's papadirt can have his back. I'm thinking MRP chainguide too to complete the look :cool:

I think these guys approved . . .

p5pb17917165.jpg
Piggies!!?!:)

Latest posts

Back