RS Judy DH 95 elastomer stacks/RS 97 Judy XC LT elastomer

FMJ":26814dwv said:
I have replacement cartridges for 63mm + 80mm, Type I,II, + III spring kits, and some elastomers. IIRC I have the elastomers from my 1st DH that were replaced w. MS springs right away.

IMG_2457_zpsrgqqobnm.jpg

I have some replacement fork caps. I'd have to dig through the box to see if they're the right ones.

A52BB46C-FB6A-48CC-A579-337E633FD113-288-0000000B560913D5_zpsc3cd265e.jpg

Hi FMJ,

I believe it is the dummy cartridge on the xc which needs replacing, although I'm not 100%. Would it be possible to replace the dummy with another full damper cartridge or would it make the fork too stiff? At the moment, the ALU slider just falls down and is a bit wobbly and there is some evidence of corrosion towards the end where the clip sits.

RE. The adjusters, the pair in the second pic look about right but they look like they may fit into an elastomer at the top, whereas the xc has a spring above the elastomer.

Re: Re:

ishaw":1ab160r3 said:
Got a few Judy spares listed for sale here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=347147&hilit=Judy

I've also got some elastomers as well not listed as I was going to keep them but would sell if interested. Might be up for swapping with the ones you bought as I can use them for other things.

Hi Ishaw,

I'd be interested in swapping the elastomer. Could you post some photos or alternatively shoot them across in an email?

Think you should still have my email from a prior deal.

Cheers

Re:

The dummy does nothing but keep the end of the springs where they should be, just clean up the corrosion. It should just fall down as it wants as little friction as possible.

You can of course fit another damper in there and tweak the oils etc or fit the opposing damper as per the Downhill model...
I don't think you gain anything other than more complications in setup and extra weight though.

FluffyChicken":15z6xezu said:
You can of course fit another damper in there and tweak the oils etc or fit the opposing damper as per the Downhill model...
I don't think you gain anything other than more complications in setup and extra weight though.

That was the hop up in 96. I still have my original DH I grabbed when they came out. MS spring kit, Risse GEM for rebound to replace the dummy rod, and full SRP bolt kit including their Ti slider bolts w. the holes for the allen key.......and the serrated clamp marks on the (L) slider from Mountain Cycle's Pro Stop Judy adapter. :) The cat's ass back then.

tbhc_zpsmzfyah7n.jpg

FluffyChicken":214qc3ou said:
The dummy does nothing but keep the end of the springs where they should be, just clean up the corrosion. It should just fall down as it wants as little friction as possible.

Thanks for the advice. It just seemed a little wobbly is all. Looks like it's just an adjuster and elastomer needed for these forks then.

:D

FMJ":x64qie0c said:
FluffyChicken":x64qie0c said:

That was the hop up in 96. I still have my original DH I grabbed when they came out. MS spring kit, Risse GEM for rebound to replace the dummy rod, and full SRP bolt kit including their Ti slider bolts w. the holes for the allen key.......and the serrated clamp marks on the (L) slider from Mountain Cycle's Pro Stop Judy adapter. :) The cat's ass back then.

tbhc_zpsmzfyah7n.jpg

Certainly the dogs doo-dahs!

I think I'll just settle for mine working properly.

I am however, very interested in spring conversion. What would be your recommendation, with a view to changing as little else as possible? I see you changed all sorts of kits. I'm not looking to do that.

Thanks

peachy_boy":7yhdnygy said:
Those red bits do look the right size. Would you be willing to let them go?

Don't see why not. Let me get some better snaps of them and some measurements to make sure they are what you want, I'll PM you when I remember!

Latest posts

Back