Rocky Mountain Stratos 1990/1991/1992

jklmnop":q2raym1z said:
Unfortunately the garage door was left open one night and it was stolen. I bought It in February 91 using money I made as a food delivery driver While in university. Had it 25 years when it was stolen. Don’t think the next rider appreciates it the same way. Added xt thumb shifters and some nice syncros pieces over the years. Still missing it so I thought I’d post to see if anyone had one they wanted to part with.

I know lots of replies, but trying to jog you memory
If you bought it then, then it would be raw silver with black decals,
if it was Feb 1992 then it would be silver paint with yellow decals (like the one above)

Unless it was a 1991 Nimbus...

Re:

There's a 1992 on Kijiji in Ontario if you're interested. It's been for sale for months. I think the seller is in Barrie, but I'm not sure. Listed as a 'trail bike', I believe in the title. I think it's an 18.5" though? Shipping from ontario will be considerably less pricey than the UK.

If yours had Orange decals on a silver frame, it was likely the 1992 model. That was also my first MTB. Mine was also stolen from me. But in 1998 or 1999 from my workplace at the time. I was just reunited with the same model and year. Very happy to have one back.

Re:

Thanks guys I’m definitely looking for the 17”. Still have the hang tag for the old one. Definitely interested in the frame if you have photos. I had noticed the one in Ontario in kijiji but thought it was larger. I’ll investigate more as maybe I could cannibalize for parts. Had some syncros pieces on my old one with xt thumbshifters that I would like to recreate. Thanks again everyone. Jason

By the way it was raw aluminum with black fork and reddish/orangish decals. Purchased in 90 or early 91 I believe.

Hi Air Tomac. I thought I replied back to Your post. Definitely interested.

“Hi, I have a frame set complete with the black fork as it was available in 1991. The frame is in great shape without any dents or damage. I can get some pictures over the weekend if you're interested. Let me know! “

Hi air tomac. Thanks for the pm. Unfortunately I’m unable to reply as I’m too new to the site. If you include some contact info in another pm I’ll try and get a hold of you. Thanks.

Re:

Hi All,

I was able to get the frame and fork from AirTomac. Very nice condition. I've been accumulating some nice parts and hope to start a build thread in the near future.

Thanks again.

Back