Rocky Mountain Stratos 1990/1991/1992

jklmnop

Rocky Mountain Fan
I'm looking for an early 90's aluminum Rocky Mountain Stratos 17" to replace the one I originally purchased in 1991. I'm in Winnipeg, Canada

Thanks,

Jason

Re:

welcome to the forum ...

... and - may I ask - what happened to the one you originally bought?

Unfortunately the garage door was left open one night and it was stolen. I bought It in February 91 using money I made as a food delivery driver While in university. Had it 25 years when it was stolen. Don’t think the next rider appreciates it the same way. Added xt thumb shifters and some nice syncros pieces over the years. Still missing it so I thought I’d post to see if anyone had one they wanted to part with.

Re:

A somewhat sad, and all too common, story ... hope you have good luck in finding a replacement bike! There's likely a few people on here, who for whatever reasons are working to replace a long-lost bike (or dream bike) ... so you have come to the right place.

Keep and eye open on Craigs List, e-bay, the for sale forum on here ... and keeping chatting it up on this thread; and soon enough you will find a frame (bike?) with which to begin your journey of re-creating the exact bike you want to have today (be it exactly like it was all those years ago; or even better.

One warning though, it can take years to find all the exactly correct bits and parts, if you have a set build/spec list in mind.

Cheers, and good luck!

Re:

Thanks for the encouragement. I missed out on one that was posted here a couple months back as I don’t check in enough. I figure it could take a while. I’ve been adding some new parts to an 85 GT pro performer that I had as a kid and it’s pretty slow going.

Have a frame. Not sure of the year. Someone who knows RM's S/N codes may. Toronto.

50045502337_7474d300c4_b.jpg

50045502612_a9fc224df5_b.jpg

50045502067_58dc1cd68d_b.jpg

Re:

Wow. Appreciate the quick response. Based on my memory mine had orange decals with Stratos in a simpler font. On mine the triangle was also a little tighter between the top tube and down tube at the head tube. I’m interested but would like to hold off a while to see if another frame/bike closer in year and more complete build pops up. Thanks again.

Re:

Hi, I have a frame set complete with the black fork as it was available in 1991. The frame is in great shape without any dents or damage. I can get some pictures over the weekend if you're interested. Let me know!

for the record I think that frame above is a 1993 frame and most likely 20" as it's bigger than an 18.5" (they measure to the top of the seattube).

If you are after 17" and you had a frame that is already was too small, was that a 17"?, you maybe looking larger now ?

as a 15.5" is tiny and you don't see many of them, so I doubt you tried that size out.
img_0775_205.jpg

Latest posts

Back