Rocky Mountain performance paint

I don't want to add to an old thread, but is it certain that the Performance Paints came out in '92? I have a '91 Glacier (Blizzard) in all white with the Performance Paint sticker on the top tube near the seatpost tube. I also just picked up a '91 Hammer in with the Black pain option also with the Performance Paint decal. It's not the same decal, and neither of these bike (either in colour, name, or both) appear in the catalogues. Can anyone shed anymore light on these?? IMG_2556.jpeg IMG_2558.jpeg IMG_1596.jpeg

I don't want to add to an old thread, but is it certain that the Performance Paints came out in '92? I have a '91 Glacier (Blizzard) in all white with the Performance Paint sticker on the top tube near the seatpost tube. I also just picked up a '91 Hammer in with the Black pain option also with the Performance Paint decal. It's not the same decal, and neither of these bike (either in colour, name, or both) appear in the catalogues. Can anyone shed anymore light on these??

None of the bikes in the '91 catalog had that sticker. And the catalog had a paragraph about 'Performance on the trail. Performance engineering. Performance for competitors.' and so on and so on. But, no mention of Performance Paint. Would have been the perfect place to mention it I figure.

On the other hand, the first page of the '92 catalog has the Performance Paint decal.

Super nice bikes you've got - well done!

Thanks, haven’t really touched the Hammer yet, going to take it apart and rebuild. But now you have me all confused about these bikes. lol. Both SN numbers indicate 91 builds. Any Rocky Mountain experts have any insight on these stickers?

Thanks, haven’t really touched the Hammer yet, going to take it apart and rebuild. But now you have me all confused about these bikes. lol. Both SN numbers indicate 91 builds. Any Rocky Mountain experts have any insight on these stickers?
I find it really hard to make out differences in the '91 and '92 Hammer based on the catalog images that are online - apart from the obivous component differences anyway.

Back