Rocky Mountain Hammer Frame & Pace RC36 Forks.

TSC.

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
For sale is my Rocky Mountain Hammer frame & Pace RC36 forks - along with the few odds & sods still on the frame. The year of the frame is not known at the moment. Early 90's at a guess.

Frame: Tange Triple Butted Cro-Mo
BB to Seat Collar = 17"
BB to Seat Tube = 15" (Center to center)
Top tube to Head tube = 21" (Center to center)

Headset: Tioga Alchemy 1 1/8"

Stem: Approx 125mm

Forks: Pace RC36

Please note that the frame has it's share of wear & tear & the odd few scratches, the decals have also seen better days, but aren't too bad. There is a small dent near the left rear cantilever boss (I have tried to show it in a picture).

I'm sort of throwing the forks in for free here, they work well, but could do with a service. As far as I'm aware the only issue with the forks are that they have a different bolt on the bottom of each leg & one of them doesn't seem to tighten completely. However, this doesn't appear to affect the forks too much, as said, probably just needs a bit of attention (this is why I'm throwing the forks in, I can't vouch for their overall condition, they may well be perfect after a tinker - then again, they might not). The fork decals have certainly seen better days.

Everything else on the frame is thrown in free, the brake levers & brakes are pretty poor, but they might be handy for something (Paperweights anybody?) The cables & housings need replacing (cables are cut - housings are poor). The seat pin is NOT seized & the seat has the odd rip along the back.

The XT front mech works well, as does the BB. The rear mech doesn't even warrant a mention.

I'm quite happy to leave all of these parts on as somebody may well be able to use them - of course if any buyer doesn't want certain parts then I can always just take them off & put them up for karma.

Looking for £150 collected or £160 posted. (But would prefer collection). I'm in Torquay, Devon, England. (I do have to travel up country (Liverpool) quite often though so would be quite happy to meet anywhere en-route the next time I'm going).

Pictures for the hordes:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

The 'odd' bolts on the forks:
10.jpg

Cheers.

Oh that is nice.

Tried one of these on my honeymoon 10 years ago and loved it to bits.

Very tempted but really can't justify the expense....

If anyone wanted to go splits on the bits and bobs, or was interested in a GT Karakoram frame in 16" then I would be very interested.

FluffyChicken":lvdkvviu said:
That is not a 1991 Rocky Mountain Hammer ;)
How about you stop winking & tell us all what it is then? pretty sure it's a 91, they came in the red or the green that year.

Always happy to be corrected though. :)

EDIT: Actually you're right, looking in the 91 catalogue it has different seat stays. Gonna have to do a bit more research to determine the year.

FluffyChicken":5lhoktus said:
Best guess is 1995.

First give away, is this is fast back. 1991 was wishbone stays.

So guess was look in 1995 catalouge
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=15483

and check the few around that year (no need to bother though)

Edit if anyone is looking for geometry, it's 17.5" in the catalouge.
Thanks FluffyChicken. I'll check the 95 catalogue - I didn't think it was that new. (You know, new-ish..... for a retro....)

Price stays the same. :D

SOLD to Tiboltrider.

Who, strangely enough, I bought my Amplifier frame & forks off for exactly the same amount back in February. :?

It'd better be the same notes Tim, I'll be checking the serial numbers. *shakes fist*

:LOL: :LOL:

Back