For Sale Rocky Mountain Blizzard 21"

rmblizzard

Retro Newbie
Originally a build with adventure bike-packing in mind. Classic RM Blizzard 853 steel frame chosen for strength and rack mounts.

Unused for intended purposes but instead the somewhat less ambitious occasional off-road trail or pedal round the park! Frame aside, I’d estimate it has been ridden less than 25 times and it has been kept indoors at all other times. This can, of course, be readily confirmed upon inspection of the cogs, chainrings, brake pads, tyres etc.

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

Rocky Mountain Blizzard - Reynolds 853 steel frame (21”) with rack mounts
Rockshox Reba SL Poploc Lockout (100mm)
Mavic XM 819 UST Disc Rims 32H / 32H (wheels hand-built by Harry Rowland)
Sapim Race Spokes
XT Centre Lock Disc Hubs
XT Levers (XT M770 RapidFire Gear Pods)
XT M775 Disc Brakes (excl. rotors)
XT Gears (XT Shadow M772 Rear / XT Front Gear Triple M771)
XT 770 Pedals
SLX Rotors
SLX M660 Triple Chainset
SLX HG73 Chain
Continental Rubber Queen Tubeless 26x2.2 UST tyres
Blackburn EX1 Disc Compatible Pannier Rack (has own skewer but I will supply the original XT skewer too)
Specialized Phenom saddle

This is the version with the 175mm head tube which expands riding options.

£850.

PM with your contact details if interested.

Very nice indeed. I think it is a 2002 Blizzard which should go into the 1998+ section. Despite it being very nice and future collectable, it is not retro by the standards of this community. Good price!

Thanks troje. I listed it in MTB For Sale forum without noticing this was under the --> 1997 category heading further up the page. I am new here!

Year for the frame sounds about right. The frame is the only aspect of the bike which I did not buy new. I believe Rocky Mountain only manufactured this geometry with the longer head tube for a specific period.

Sadly im going to sit this one out as it stands.

Cheers and good luck with the sale.....if you decide to split, i would love the frame.

Back