Rock Shox Quadra 21 Elastomer - UK suppler

timthetinyhorse

Retro Newbie
I think i already know the answer to this question as no but does anyone know of a UK company who supply elastomers/rebuild kits for the Quadra 21r?

Can find them in the states but not had any luck finding a UK supplier. Also have read a few bits regarding the option to convert to could however it has a nasty effect on the damping.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Re:

I’m sure Jon Deveril would be able to make some for you. Look on eBay for Pace elastomers in Sheffield and contact him

Re:

I have no direct answer but enjoy tinkering.

I've rebuilt loads of fork my own way.

Most recently were some q21 and opted for a single length elastomer.
It's very firm that way as it's my work bike. You can always chop up and segment to achieve a different characteristic.

I order this type of stuff (non bored) and made my own.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Quality ... 0935.m2460

Some image for inspiration.

Attachments

• 20201219_125652.jpg
    20201219_125652.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 20200717_164303.jpg
    20200717_164303.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 187
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I have no direct answer but enjoy tinkering.

I've rebuilt loads of fork my own way.

Most recently were some q21 and opted for a single length elastomer.
It's very firm that way as it's my work bike. You can always chop up and segment to achieve a different characteristic.

I order this type of stuff (non bored) and made my own.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Quality ... 0935.m2460

Some image for inspiration.
I want to replicate your build as I found some enough 50A elastomers (the rider is only 50Kg) for 2 quadra21s I have. Do you remember the length of each section you ended up measuring? TIA.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I really dont recall the actual measurements.
Alls i do is order 50cm of the suff and chop it 'a bit too long' whilst offering it up against the outside of the leg. Sort of estimated.
Then once ive drilled the top, where the elastomer attaches to the upper cartridge bit, i drop it in and see how it looks.
To give you the idea....
Ideally, the whole stack wants to begin to pre-load once you are maybe a full turn into the threaded stantion. Achieve that and you cant go wrong.

I think Quadra's are 150mm and can allow 3mm of wear) something like that.
Anyway, manual is in the archive and pretty sure it gave wear some measurements.

I think Quadra's are 150mm and can allow 3mm of wear) something like that.
Anyway, manual is in the archive and pretty sure it gave wear some measurements.
That’s amazing. I checked the manual (duh!!!) and you were spot-on! So if I order 24” I should have perfect amount to do 2 shocks just by cutting them into 1/4”. Thanks!
I really dont recall the actual measurements.
Alls i do is order 50cm of the suff and chop it 'a bit too long' whilst offering it up against the outside of the leg. Sort of estimated.
Then once ive drilled the top, where the elastomer attaches to the upper cartridge bit, i drop it in and see how it looks.
To give you the idea....
Ideally, the whole stack wants to begin to pre-load once you are maybe a full turn into the threaded stantion. Achieve that and you cant go wrong.
Very cool. Thanks for the tip. I found some PolyU rods with 20mm OD and 8mm OD but the duro is a whopping 75 sh A and looks just like your eBay listing. Have you thought about mixing say, 50 sh and 75s to achieve some short of progressive shock absorption?

Attachments

• 66DE18E0-76F3-4A95-94E7-99E1BBC68F80.jpeg
    66DE18E0-76F3-4A95-94E7-99E1BBC68F80.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
  • A77269E6-9F42-46D6-B882-F8133E0C84A4.jpeg
    A77269E6-9F42-46D6-B882-F8133E0C84A4.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 3
Back