ROBIN HOOD 1965

HPL

Dirt Disciple
I do not know where to put this bike in the forums so it will reside here for now. There needs to be a classic 3 speed thread for all makes since I have some from the late '30s through to the late '70s. Anybody second that motion?

1965 Robin Hood 3 speed, Sturmey-Archer hubs, all else is essentially the same running gear that is on most 60's Raleigh roadsters of the same era. Original except tires and paint; missing mudguards. Brooks two-tone seat is in very good condition considering its age, chrome is great; overall VERY little rust if any. I'll be adding some "arrow" embellishments on the frame's top tube and chain guard (something I think these bikes should have had all along given its name/lineage/legend). A quality repaint will be done first in the same green style as the headbadge color; with white or silver outlining the lugs. I expect to put on the widest tires as the frame/rims/brakes can take and make this a 3 speed "klunker" for a friend who wants to go off-road (though not "mountain" terrain) a little more than what I built for him a couple years ago with 25mm tires; dangerous (for him, but not myself) for the rides I've been taking him on while I ride the 1 3/8" tires easily through the softer terrain and on the boardwalk with exposed nail heads protruding.

[attachment=3]ROBIN HOOD 1965.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=2]ROBIN HOOD 1965 HEADBADGE.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]ROBIN HOOD 1965 BAR AND SHIFTER.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]ROBIN HOOD 1965 SADDLE.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• ROBIN HOOD 1965.jpg
    ROBIN HOOD 1965.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 466
  • ROBIN HOOD 1965 HEADBADGE.jpg
    ROBIN HOOD 1965 HEADBADGE.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 466
  • ROBIN HOOD 1965 BAR AND SHIFTER.jpg