Roberts Stratos

Tomianson":1echzhya said:
A good analogy. Whichever is more desirable/rare it’s not important, they’d both be gorgeous in my stash. I want this, it’s just a bit too high ££ start price for me.
Its just a shame there arent better pictures and its collection only, to be fair ive already bid him on it, and was turned down.

Any more and i would want to see it in the flesh, if it is as good as it looks, it wouldnt take much to be a real show stopper, and a really good rider of its time.

the whole story is here if anyone isnt familiar.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=286151

Re: Re:

sinnerman":3k75qy6b said:
If this isnt damaged, as mine was when i got it, i would think it was a bargain. It Original, its complete, hopefully has the stem too (i cant quite see from the pics), and its one of 12.

Its a fraction of the cost of the Yeti Ultimate https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yeti-Ultimate- ... SwSoZfEnqH

Lighter, fillet brazed and as rare as a Unicorn.

That Yeti is nice though :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mk one":1gek9yjh said:
sinnerman":1gek9yjh said:
If this isnt damaged, as mine was when i got it, i would think it was a bargain. It Original, its complete, hopefully has the stem too (i cant quite see from the pics), and its one of 12.

Its a fraction of the cost of the Yeti Ultimate https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yeti-Ultimate- ... SwSoZfEnqH

Condition is the about the same, and its way too expensive imho. (even with a de-laminated disc drive).

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mk one":2n2hb29a said:
sinnerman":2n2hb29a said:

Not $4000 starting price it’s not

Re:

Very nice, I would have to agree though, seems expensive, plus if you collect and later find out it's needing some 'undisclosed work' am I right in thinking because you viewed and collected you don't have any comeback with eBay/PayPal?

Also stem looks aftermarket, think I can make out the NL logo in last pic.

sinnerman":34pv7w2x said:
mk one":34pv7w2x said:
sinnerman":34pv7w2x said:

Condition is the about the same, and its way too expensive imho. (even with a de-laminated disc drive).

Merely stating it is a nice bike :)

Re:

You’ll be unlikely to find another (apart from those we know of) ... and I don’t think you’d regret it ... plenty of scope to get most’ve your cash back at a later date. Think what bike you’d get for that new, today, which would then be worth only 50% of it’s rrp within 6 months.

[/quote]Merely stating it is a nice bike :)[/quote]

it is cool. :cool:

sinnerman":12zlycrf said:

Just looking at the stem but I've had a couple of drinks :facepalm: almost looks like it has the ML marking on the quill in the photo showing the Chas Roberts decal on the top tube.
Either way I'm really glad this is 20" which is to big because it ticks all my boxes & after a few more beers I'd probably have a punt if it was smaller :LOL:

Back