Roberts Stratos-Elevated Chainstay-25th Anniversary.

Re: REQUIEM.......25th Anniversary.

I had a test ride of a Stratos back in 1988 or 1989 at a place in Harrow I think called Cycle Systems. I can remember the chap telling me it was a prototype. I ordered a white spider II on the same trip to the store and still have it in storage. Hopefully one day I'll get a respray and rebuild although it's not in that bad condition to be honest as I'm a bit of a light weight with my occasional riding. :) It was finished in the same red spatter paint on a white background as the prototype. One thing that I always regreted was the fact Roberts somehow left off the front CR decal. You would have thought they would have noticed that before firing the frame or what ever process it goes through. I'll take a pic in the summer when I get the old girl out for a spin.

Re: REQUIEM.......25th Anniversary.

scarymonster":22z7t30m said:
I had a test ride of a Stratos back in 1988 or 1989 at a place in Harrow I think called Cycle Systems. I can remember the chap telling me it was a prototype. I ordered a white spider II on the same trip to the store and still have it in storage. Hopefully one day I'll get a respray and rebuild although it's not in that bad condition to be honest as I'm a bit of a light weight with my occasional riding. :) It was finished in the same red spatter paint on a white background as the prototype. One thing that I always regreted was the fact Roberts somehow left off the front CR decal. You would have thought they would have noticed that before firing the frame or what ever process it goes through. I'll take a pic in the summer when I get the old girl out for a spin.

Be cool to see a thread started with some pics and a little about both yourself and your Roberts..?

would be cool if you could add it too the British Steel thread too, the more details we can remember the better our uk History becomes.. :cool:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=188154

Unsure which model White spider you have, or its age, but if you ever did want that headbadge perhaps we could help....
viewtopic.php?t=198394&highlight=orange

viewtopic.php?t=125041&highlight=orange

was it either of the ones shown in the above threads..?

Hi sinnerman, thanks for the reply. Finding this forum has spurned me on to collect the bike from storage and give it a good clean and get back in the saddle. I'm not sure if I should be riding it around with 20 year old inner tubes but they seem to have inflated OK. Maybe I'll take it in for a service just in case and ask them to change them while they are at it.

I'm actually not sure which version of the white spider it is, or even if there were actually two versions but I seem to recall it being called a white spider II. I'll dig the receipt out when I'm next at my mothers house.

I've posted some pictures on the main thread. Let me know what you think. :)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=323937

Hey Sinnerman,

Don't suppose there's any way you'd like to pop up to London in June with the Stratos to show it off and enter it into one or other of the informal competitions for Roberts bikes and owners? Full details here:

https://lcc.org.uk/articles/city-cyclin ... -june-2018

Anyone with a Roberts, or a Roberts-built bike is welcome, the event is FREE. For updates, please follow @RobertsCycles

Back