Roberts - decals or typeface for restoration

Privateer

Retro Newbie
Hi,

Apologies if this has already been discussed somewhere - if it has my search skills need work.

I am restoring a 2004 Roberts Audax Special that I had built for me. I'm looking for replacement decals. Does anyone have any tips where I might find them? I've emailed the address on the Roberts website but had no response.

Failing that, does anyone know what the typeface is, so I can get decals re-created?

This pic isn't my bike, but is the colour scheme and downtube decal that I'm looking for:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/robertscy ... 429074372/

Matt

Attachments

• Roberts - blue-silver.jpg
    Roberts - blue-silver.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 408
If you're going to get your frame re-sprayed, you should contact Colourtech at Crayford.

I believe Colourtech used to do the paint for Roberts, and I know they currently do the paint for (Geoff) Roberts. They will also have the decals, and for what you want, they will have a stencil, so the Roberts logo can be painted rather than vinyl.

There are some mixed reviews for Colourtech on line, but I've used them (him, Dave) for lot's of work and have always been happy with the result.

Re:

Thanks for the tip. If I was in the Us I'd send them the frame... but I'm in Sydney.

I've found a guy locally who I think will do a good job.

Back