Rob Warner rebuilds his 1996 World Cup winning Giant ATX 990

Great second video, though with all the thefts in the last few months of anything worth money i feel it was a bit silly disclosing said collection.

Has anyone, ever, idolised an ATX? Even around these, admittedly, fairly leftfield parts?
Don't think so, the only ones I would see worthy as idolising would be those ridden by Tomac.
I've considered doing a replica build before, but would probably struggle to pinpoint a build spec, and track down all the Tioga parts.
Hmm....

Don't think so, the only ones I would see worthy as idolising would be those ridden by Tomac.
I've considered doing a replica build before, but would probably struggle to pinpoint a build spec, and track down all the Tioga parts.
Hmm....
Hmmm... I reckon better get started.

I was looking out for the ATX 990 video and saw this video too. Quite surprise to see it out just recently in March.

I got an ATX 990 frame a couple of months back while looking for a full sus frame here in Melbourne. Found a seller who quit his plans to rebuild the bike.

I sort of continued and put it back together with used parts I can find, and with frame coming with LX front shifter, original noleen suspension, I matched the bike with an old marzocchi 2002 XC.

Matched it with a short 45mm stem and a 760mm handle. Now I really enjoy trail and downhill with it!!

48319ECB-27AF-49C3-82EF-6CA6465809E1.jpeg Just would like to share a rear mount adapter for disc brakes that finally came out into the market a couple of months back. I designed Bracket and was meant to send for CNC fabrication but due to the COVID19 lockdowns, didn’t get to.

So ended up looking for something and found this on EBAY. All I can say that it works really-really great and now my ATX990 has a new set of hydraulic brakes.

After a rigorous downhill test and rides, the setup held up well. Did a slight add-on 3D printed insert to the bracket at the bottom to help stabilise the rig. I am very happy with the outcome and now really enjoy the improved braking.

Mate, I had an A2Z adaptor back in 2001 on my Azonic DS2 absolutely nothing new about that - round since the dinosaurs!
Hahah. It must be me, a newbie to this. Very happy with the setup. Gone and few rides with the setup in the ATX990, love it.

Back