Road cyclists and hydration

Which road? I've never met any roadies who are that unfriendly.

Unless it's a north/south thing.

Re:

Mendip Hills, Somerset levels, all the usual places I ride.

60% will give you a nod or a tiny little wave, but the rest just stare ahead, consumed by their endevours in their cloud of gloom.

Must be a glum "I've just spent 5 grand on this bike, why hasn't Brailsford made me a 100 grand a year offer, I even look like Brad/Chris/Geraint" (except for the extra 20 kilos) look.

mattr":1uwr0fj5 said:
Must be a glum "I've just spent 5 grand on this bike, why hasn't Brailsford made me a 100 grand a year offer, I even look like Brad/Chris/Geraint" (except for the extra 20 kilos) look.

:LOL:

mattr":2jwkc94u said:
Until recently I thought there was a degree of "What's he riding? OMG it's not even carbon!" involved, but on Saturday I was on the KTM, and got just as ignored as usual.

Re:

I have been out with a couple of clubs both road and off road recently.

The road club has rekindled my love for off roading, less rules/standards and more about enjoying yourself :LOL:

I felt under pressure (maybe a little by myself) to fit in with them, have the same small saddle bag, and although I felt happy with my 80's steel Racing bike, they were always banging on about carbon this, carbon that, power meters, strava and duruace :roll:

Mountain biking is the future for me and no cars either :)

Who wants to carry anything called a bladder?

I keep meaning to try a camelback. But I've never got past the name.

Re:

Roadie "a quick 70kms"
MTB "10kms tops! then hit the pub"

Roadie "a good lactate threshold session"
MTB "we'll probably have to push-up the hills"

Roadie "spin out some big gears"
MTB "engage the granny ring Mr Sulu"

:D

I've even sold my road bike, and just use a MTB with slicks on tarmac now.

I keep meaning to try a camelback. But I've never got past the name.

If you like to ride non-stop then they make a lot of sense, I actually use a Camelbak "Blowfish" (yeah, another odd name) backpack, but haven't used the "putrid bladder of runny-bum" for several months now, I just keep a water bottle in there :LOL: kind of defeats the purpose of it I guess :facepalm:

NeilM":2h01q9sf said:
mattr":2h01q9sf said:
Until recently I thought there was a degree of "What's he riding? OMG it's not even carbon!" involved, but on Saturday I was on the KTM, and got just as ignored as usual.

KTM,s are motorbikes,no one ever waves at them nobs :D

Latest posts

Back