RM Altitude TO geometry query...

a4racer

Dirt Disciple
Ahoy there folks! First post here!

Just looking to track down some geometry (mainly TT, ST lengths) for a 19.5" RM Altitude TO (1996-1997).

I looked at the wonderful catalogues in the forums here, but can't seem to make out the particular geometry, and am hoping one of you fine folks can assist!

Many thanks in advance!
:D

Re:

Hi, welcome...

If I remember correctly the 19.5'' is the centre to top measurement, centre to centre of 17.5'' and TT of 23'' although I'm sure someone will correct me on that as it's been a while since I had my Altitude.

al.

check link in my signature. i've scanned and hosted all the RM catalogues from 91-97 on dropbox. ;)

Thanks!!!

Very helpful--I went in and found that the TT of the 19.5" is around 23.5" give or take.

Couldn't find the ST length but will keep looking!

The reason for my question is this:

I found an Altitude TO in 19.5, which is at the paint shop (otherwise I'd be measuring myself!). However, the quotes I'm getting back are pretty high for a quality repaint (there are lots of chips, scuffs, etc., and that glorious maple leaf fade doesn't make things any easier, hahaha.

I also have the prospect of building up a Fat Chance Wicked Lite in 20.5, but am hesitant that it may be too big. TT is about the same between the two bikes, but the ST on the FCWL is 20.5" ctc, whereas I'm guessing the Altitude is a few inches shorter. This is going to be a rigid build (I think), with some cool period touches.

What would you learned gentlemen and ladies do? Altitude TO or FCWL?

Re:

19.5 is ctt, CTC is normally ~2" give it take whatever a few extra years may have changed it by.

Top tube lenght is effective top tube length (so horizontal equivalent) or at least it normally was.

Check they are the same as fat used.

It is about half an inch shorter along the top tube.

Altitude any day for me, I have no leanings to Fats though, they're not special to me.

Back