Withdrawn Ritchey Logic fork 1"

Hard times edition: Get a rough Stumpjumper made with 1" steerer, from about '90 until 1993 (even alloy ones had them) or so, they were made with some fine forks surely - about 700 gr. weight, made by Tange-(just like Logics), I guess even in the same sweatshop. Sell the frame, get the rest movable --->profit.

Did it sometimes myself, good enough, not worth the wait for that elusive long vertical sticker...

What frame size would I need to look for to get a fork with 170mm steerer or longer? I'm guessing 20" or bigger?
I was looking through the old Specialized catlogues in the manufacturer archive but could not find any sizes for head tube length for the Stumpjumper...

What frame size would I need to look for to get a fork with 170mm steerer or longer? I'm guessing 20" or bigger?
I was looking through the old Specialized catlogues in the manufacturer archive but could not find any sizes for head tube length for the Stumpjumper...
Even with 20"/21" I doubt that the steerer would be long enough on the forks. Stumpies allways came with pretty short headtubes.

But a rather cheapish and apperantly quicker solution: get your current steerer lenghtend...

yeah, thats the last option, i know.
i would prefer to keep the fork original as they are getting pretty rare apparently.
i will give it a bit more time - otherwise there is another frame on the way that would fit nicely with this fork ;)

You can also look for early 90s Cannondale F&Fs ..lots came with 1” Ritchey Logic forks The BOTE frames had long headtubes. I got a couple that way including the one for my Merlin.

Even with 20"/21" I doubt that the steerer would be long enough on the forks. Stumpies allways came with pretty short headtubes.

But a rather cheapish and apperantly quicker solution: get your current steerer lenghtend...
I've got a 1989 STumpjumper in 20", will check steerer length.

Back