RIP David Wrath-Sharman

Such sad news. I also found out last month that Chris Bell had passed, i am somewhat behind the times but I do remember my visit to Chris's house with my XC Pro cranks to be straightened and modified. It was then I was introduced to Dave as I think they shared the workshop. Something stood out about the ability to dismantle as much of his creations with the minimum of tools. Specifically the allen key.
24/5 years have passed since I saw his creation but his legacy remains.

DY85262":zxchqyi5 said:
Something stood out about the ability to dismantle as much of his creations with the minimum of tools. Specifically the alen key.
24/5 years have passed since I saw his creation but his legacy remains.
Back in those pre-Aheadset days the only parts of a Highpath bicycle that couldn't be adjusted/removed with a couple of Allen keys were the headset, tyres and the spokes. Self extracting cranks, bottom bracket adjustment/removal and even the freewheel could be separated from the hub with a single Allen key.

However, pushing the bicycle design envelope was not without its setbacks.

Here an experimental front suspension 700c wheeled Highpath SpringLight is looking a little worse for wear after suffering a mechanical failure.

Attachments

• Highpath Springlite.jpg
    Highpath Springlite.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 316
Sorry to hear this news, I remember David helping me up after an end over on my range rider on an early ride and him jumping on my brothers front wheel to straighten it after it folded so he could get back to HQ, he was a true gent RIP David.

Back