Ringle Front Hub?

Canuckbiker

BoTM Winner
Brodie Fan
Earlier this year I picked up my Cannondale M800 off FB for pretty cheap (it's my polished up wonder bike currently), was happy about the Syncros seatpost, XT thumbies, etc. The previous owner had rattle can painted almost the entire bike blue including both wheels. Specifically the front wheel hub, spokes and rim were are under easy to remove paint until last weekend. When I say easy to remove it still took a few hours with a hardware store stripper product. Nice Mavic M 231 CD rim underneath and the hub pictured below. I though.. could this be Ringle? While removing the blue paint with stripper and toothbrush I kept looking for a logo but either it came off with the stripper or wasn't there before buddy painted it. Sure looks like a Bubba of some sort, I did some digging, it does have a 29mm diameter outer/19mm inner diameter conical outer bearing cover and 42mm spoke hole circle. I noted in some pictures on-line the conical bearing covers have little allen set screws and mine does not. Either way I'd like to know how to get this one apart with damaging it, my first guess is a gentle pry tool to get the outer conical bearing covers off. Maybe someone can make my day and confirm this is a Ringle hub?? LOL, Would be a cool unexpected score, plan to keep this wheel either way
20211015_125601683_iOS.jpg

20211015_125618069_iOS.jpg
20211015_125805300_iOS.jpg

I would say so yes.
Thanks! I've digging a bit more looks like SuperBubba rather than SuperDuperBubba (the one with the bearing cover set screws). I feel a touch of bearing play, this may disappear after clamping into my fork which I'll check, is bearing play adjustable? Wondering if a plastic pry tool would pop the outer bearing cover off

Okay, so pretty simple to pop the bearing covers, does not appear to be bearing play adjustment but I assume since it's a Ringle should be good to go, the bearings are clean and smooth. Thought I would share my first attempt at cutting my own vinyl decals. I bought a Brother Cut n Scan a while back using bike flipping profits. Made some decent paint masking stencils to create a frame logo on a Norco VPS, pretty large working surface. Basically hand drawn scans which I scanned and cut direct on the cutter. This approach did not work at all for the tiny Ringle and KORE stem decals I made today, spend the better part of yesterday figuring it out. The cutter can only cut tight lines from a vector image (doh!). Had to work out obtaining so proper software, etc. I'm pretty happy with these, was this close to putting the cutter on CL before finally getting it sorted.
20211017_190036137_iOS.jpg
20211017_190125971_iOS.jpg

Back